Eric asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 8 years ago

How often should I shampoo/condition my hair?

I'm a guy with medium-length hair, it's relatively thin and if I go one day without washing my hair it looks pretty greasy I'm just not sure if I should be using both shampoo & conditioner every day.

Afterwords I apply a bit of molding wax, extra-strength hair gel & hairspray because my hair cannot stay styled so I do all this then blow-dry my hair so that it keeps its shape while it dries and holds throughout most of the day.

Favorite Answer

Well if your hair is greasy you should wash it everyday but if your hair isn't too greasy leave for a day or two. also if you add products to your hair you should wash it

Source(s): my hairdresser

Dont wash your hair every day, it will look greasy but then it will stop looking that greasy and apply conditioner every other day from when you take a shower and only apply a little bit and only to the ends and don't blow dry every time you take a shower rather that just dries the natural moisture and it makes it greasier go some days without styling your hair :) I hope this helped :)

• MrsN

Shampooing your hair every day actually strips your scalp of the oils it needs to be/look healthy. In response, your scalp produces more oil to make up for the fact that shampooing makes it dry. So don't shampoo every day. Once or twice a week is best, every other day at most. The wax and gel will leave a buildup on your hair over time, so use a clarifying shampoo and condition when you're done.