Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 8 years ago

Has Yahoo never tasted Duke's Mayo?

Favorite Answer

1. The article originally appeared Bon Appetit, one of the most reliable cooking magazine in the USA. It was then reprinted by Yahoo and others.

2. Yahoo is internet provider and website, it can't taste anything, but it can reprint articles.

3. It is Hellmann's or Best Foods Mayonnaise. The Hellmann's brand is sold in the United States east of the Rocky Mountains, and also in Latin America, Europe, Middle East and Canada. The Best Foods brand is sold in the United States west of the Rockies, and also in Asia, Australia, and New Zealand.

4. Whether Duke's Mayonnaise is better than Hellmann's or not remains to be seen by most U.S. residents as it is only available in 21 of the 50 States.

In the meantime, I will continue to use all the brands recommended by Bon Appetit as I have been using many of them for 50+ years.

Have a pleasant evening.

I have used Dukes in the past and I like it although it is slightly more acidic that Helmanns. I also use many other brands that I belive come right out of Helmanns with different labeling.........Sweetbay (Hannafords) is exactly the same maybe just slightly thinner however, taste wise you can't tell the difference!

The best mayonnaise is the mayo you make yourself from scratch......very easy to do and there's no comparrison to store bought. You just need to make small batches as it doesn't have the preservatives added and will only survive about two weeks tops!

Source(s): Professional Pastry Chef

Yahoo is a collection of websites. Computers cant taste. The article came from Bon Appetit Magazine and was written by a person who likes Hellmann's better. Your beef is with her.

Mayo snob, that's a new one.