Marla asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 8 years ago

would a 1200 calories diet throw off your period?

I have been on a 1200 calorie diet for about 4 weeks. I am expecting my period and it hasnt come. Im about a week late. So I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. I dont feel pregnant either.

I havent had any undo amount of stress. I know that can mess up your cycle. But does 1200 calories mess it up too? Ive been cramping

Favorite Answer

yes, it might be your not eating enough.

1200 cals is generally considered a safe range for dieting, but everybody is different so your body's specific requirements might be a little higher then that.

also, just the whole process of dieting, which is really just restricting calories and working out to create a calorie deficit, can be enough to make you delay or even skip periods.

If i was you i'd lay off the diet for a little while and eat better for a week or so just to get your body time to sort that out.

It shouldn't. That is low, but not unhealthy amount of calories. Are you eating healthy? That is extra important when consuming so low calories. If you've had cramps, either you have a very light period or it will start soon.

weight-reduction plan would not reason amenorrhea (the cessation of the menstrual cycle). incredibly low physique fat might reason this, yet thinking you have in simple terms lost 9 pounds and are eating greater effective than 1200 energy an afternoon, this shouldn't reason this in any respect. usually, the folk who get amenorrhea are anorexics who're extremely skinny. Please bypass see your scientific expert as this might point out some thing in incorrect on your physique.

No