Jorge asked in PetsReptiles · 8 years ago

what is the fastest way to make your leopard gecko grow?

Favorite Answer

there isnt one.

what you want me to tell you is mow to powerfeed.

let me tell you it does not work at all all you end up with is a gecko lacking in nutrients.

please do not listen to any idiot telling you to feed exclusively on waxworms or to feed crickets and locusts etc with wax and butterworms and then feed to your gecko. this is very unhealthy and is a sure fire way to end up with a sick lizard.

teh growth of a leopard gecko is a very slow process usually 18 months to reach full length and then years afetr that to reach full weight capacity my 5 year old is still putting weight on and then will fast for a bit when he is too big.

you ccannot make the gecko grow any faster than it is doing. be patient and if you are impatient to breed then please remember that a female should be maximum weight and at least 60 grams before introducing the male. i would wait until she is at least 2 and the male at least 15 months.

try not to fall into the power feeding trap but its your gecko.

make sure that it is getting calcuim and d3 at least 2x a week and pure calcium 2x a week at least. that it has temperature between 32 and 25 degrees centigrade and that it has fresh water and hides to make it feel secure and then just sit back and watch it grow

Don't try it. What you are referring to is called powerfeeding. It completely destroys the animal's immune system and shortens their lifespans dramatically. I took in a snake whose previous owner powerfed him. His immune system was shot and he kept getting sick because of this. I took him multiple times to the top exotic pet vet in the region but this is not something that can be fixed once the damage is done. After 4 yrs of working with the poor thing, the most humane thing was to have him put down.

Feed your animal a healthy diet and let him grow the natural way.

Lizard food like fly maggots and stuff but why do you want him to be fat :o its not helthy surely you will not eat it right ?

You can't force the growth of an animal.

Remember to feed it.