Mia asked in HealthOther - Health · 8 years ago

When do girls stop growing taller?

Hi

My mom is 5'5.5 and my dad is 5'7.5 ( so basically mom = 5'6 and dad 5'7

Okay so I'm 5'2.5 or just 5"2 and I haven't grown since 11 and I'm 14 and 1/2 (june 12 is my birthday) and I haven't growed an centimeter. I had aneroxia from 11-13 so maybe thats why.. but for the past 1 year I've been drinking gallons of milk. I got my period at 11 (1/2 i think). I sill have irregular periods.. my hips have always been wide and I just got started breast because I gained 30 pounds (binge eating disorder) so B cup. I was 5'0 in 6th grade and than 2 inches up and never grew again..

My sister is 21 and shes 5'7. She said she grew 2 inches at 18-19, do you think this can be my case?

I really wan't to be 5'5+ .... help? :(

thankyou if you answered

Favorite Answer

To reach your potential height you need adequate sleep (from 8-10 hours per night), adequate calories and a normal healthy diet.

Plenty of protein from eggs, meat, poultry, sea food and dairy products helps as well as calcium from milk, cheese and other dairy products. You also need plenty of zinc from red meat, oysters, mussels, nuts and seeds and zinc fortified cereals such as Weetbix. Vitamin D3 via the Sun also helps.

Girls usually stop growing at 15 and in most cases any further height growth from 15-21 is insignificant but there are exceptions such as late bloomers.

Guys usually stop growing at 18 and in most cases any further height growth from 18-25 is insignificant but there are exceptions such as late bloomers.

Under eating and under sleeping can, to some extent, stunt your height growth. Exercise does not help your height growth and smoking can actually reduce your potential height by a whole inch. Too much junk sugar can reduce your HGH level as in item 40 in http://www.rheumatic.org/sugar.htm

You can see further tips in a web search for "how to grow taller naturally".

Your true height is at 18; thats when you stop growing

• Jessy

I've always heard us girls so growing at 18..

NO! I like girl's small.