Cartilage piercing infected ! Omg help!?

My cartilage piercing is infected all the sudden it started hurting 2 days ago.. Now, I have a giant bump that hurts like crazy I think it's in abscess it has black kinda on the back and my mom tried popping it and it hurts so bad and all that comes out is blood. I'm freaking out what If I take the earring out and the giant bump / infection stays in? Do I keep the earring in idk I'm freaking out. I don't want to have to get my ear cut off. Please help. I don't know what to do.

Favorite Answer

WOAH! I watched a youtube video on this..same thing happened and she took it out then it was so close to her brain, that if she waited one more day to go to the er, she would have died! I would be safe and say go to the ER ASAP!!! Hope it all goes well! and DO NOT take it out.

Source(s): YouTube

Stop squeezing this. You're making it worse.

I agree, it may be an abcess. That's a sign of a localized piercing infection. You can treat this at home. Keep the jewelry in - it will help the infection to drain. Do not take it out, because you're right - that can trap the infection inside.

Do sea salt soaks: 1/4 teaspoon sea salt mixed into a cup of warm water. Soak the piercing twice per day, for five minutes each time. In addition, also put hot compresses on the bump a few times per day, as these will encourage it to drain naturally.

Keep the SSS up for a good few weeks, but you should start to see an improvement in as little as 2-3 days. If you see no improvement, or if this gets worse despite the SSS, go to a really good piercer for a consultation.

It's fine, don't panic. A number of things could have caused this, a main one is the jewellery being too tight. Take out the earring and soak a cotton pad in warm salt water, then apply it to your ear. That should soothe it. Then I'd put some tea-tree oil in some hot water and apply that to your ear. Do this a few times a day for a couple of days and it will start get better; the tea tree heals and is a natural antiseptic.

Don't try to pop it anymore, that will just irritate it. You'll be fine, it will heal itself soon!

Source(s): I have over 20 piercings
  • furney

I actual have 3 cartilage piercings and that i had something that sounds equivalent to that. I study on line to placed warmth compresses on it, notwithstanding it really is kinda troublesome even as it hurts a lot, so I used a q-tip and ran it below warm water and then pressed on the bump as troublesome as i ought to take care of a few circumstances. attempt this some circumstances an afternoon and it really is going to bypass away. also attempt to placed neosporin in case you aren't any more allergic or bacitracin, it really is going to save the an infection out. attempt to flow the earring again and forth in case you could so the drugs receives into the hollow. wish it receives extra positive!

First and foremost, DO NOT TAKE OUT THE JEWELLERY. The hole will close and it will seal the infection inside.

Go to a professional piercer (at a tattoo shop, not a mall kiosk) and ask them for advice.

If worse comes to worst, go to a doctor and ask for antibiotics.

If the doctor tells you to take the piercing out, go to a different doctor.

THIS HAPPENED TO ME. DO NOT TAKE IT OUT THE HOLE WILL CLOSE. THIS TENDS TO HAPPEN WHEN you get pierced with a gun. It's just what happenes I have a bubble but mine dont hurt anymore. If you need more info kik me : AngieSaysRawrx3