Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelMexicoOther - Mexico · 8 years ago

if I wasnt born in Mexico but my dad and his family were am I Mexican?

• Kekis
    Favorite Answer

part mexican yes, not llegaly but yes you would be part mexican, mexican american is the word for it,

if your born in america and your family is mexican, then your half mexican if your mother was for example russian, you would be half russian and half mexican, but you are llegaly american, your born in america, so your american but your not 100% mexican, for that you would have to have been born in mexico

You are AMERICAN. You have Mexican heritage. If you try to walk across the border without an American passport and without getting the appropriate visa and try to register for school in Mexico or get a job in Mexico or vote in Mexico, you will find out promptly that they do not consider you Mexican...you are American because you were born in America. Everybody in America has ancestors that came from somewhere else, but we are all Americans. if you want to have Mexican citizenship, too, your dad needs to take you to the nearest Mexican consulate and ask for info on the paperwork to get Mexican citizenship for you...it does not happen automatically, you must request it. Then you can have dual citizenship and can freely live in Mexico in the future if you like.

Citizenship wise, you are an American.

By heritage you are at least half Mexican depending on what ethnicity your mother is.

Even if both of your parents were Mexican (or Polish, German, etc.) as long as you were born in America, you are an American.

were are you if you were born in America you would be a Mexican American

You're of mexican descent.

• R K

if your parents were mexican,so are you.it doesn't matter where you were born.

Duuuuuh!!!!! .... wait... dont tell me you thought u was black? Or Caucasian?? Lmao

• Ken

Nut doesn't fall far from the tree.Yes.,sorry.

Um. I think so.