Lv 6
asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 8 years ago

Muslims, do you wish that Judaism, Christianity, and Islam could peacefully coexist?

I do believe that the only way Judaism, Christianity, and Islam can peacefully coexist is if Sharia is renounced. We cannot live in peace if you want to impose Sharia law on non-Muslims, allow death for apostasy or insulting Islam. The only way we can live in peace, is if we respect each others right to worship, and live in a secular society.

I'm a Christian, so I do not appreciate everything that is allowed in a secular society, but when we impose our beliefs on others, we cannot have peace. I know you believe you have the one truth and want to share it, I also believe that I have the one truth and want to share it, but we cannot do it by force, or we cannot have peace or be free.

I just wanted some opinions from Muslims on this standpoint.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Shah
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

I think that the Christians and Jews are taking a wrong advantage of a bad patch on Muslims.

First of all, the word Sharia is a self generated term. It is something that they have given to the opinion of so called scholars and much of their own stupidity which is no where near the Quran (as already pointed out by another answerer). But the unfortunate fact of life is that most Muslims whose religion is limited to the verbal sermons of the local Imam (cleric) of the local mosque, doesn't know that. And continues to think that it is divine law, while it is not.

Second, to address the major issue of your concern i.e. forcing ones belief and forcing laws like apostasy.

For one, Muslims hardly ever forced their beliefs on anyone. Yes as a Christian (blood thirsty mongers) you have been indoctrinated through out your life that Islam is a warrior religion and enforced through sword. The irony is that there are more than 800 million Hindus in India. And they have been ruled by waves upon waves of Muslims for atleast a 1000 years. Most Muslims in India can trace back their ancestory to the Afghans, Central Asians, Iranians and Arabs. Had they used sword to convert the Hindus, hinduism would have been wiped out of the map of this world for good. And the fact is that Muslims today in India are a MINORITY (approx. 250 million, compared to the +800 million Hindus), and not a majority.

Moreover historically, the Jews and Christians lived in the Jerusalem and Muslim lands without any problems. There were a substantial number of Jews living in Jerusalem that were slain by the Christian crusaders when Jerusalem was captured by them. On the other hand, the Muslims allowed the Christians to leave in peace and ALSO permitted them to unarmed peaceful visits to Jerusalem for pilgrimage and other purposes when they retook Jerusalem.

Consequently, I think you have enough blood on your hands to wash first and face the facts of the history to tell the victims back that they are the guilty ones.

Coming to the point of apostasy. The fact is that there is absolutely NO punishment in the Quran for apostasy. Moreover apostasy is applicable ONLY to the relevant religion. We don't expect the Christians to talk in compliance to Islam. How can we do that ?

The problem is that the Muslim world got their independence from the colonial rule just about 40-60 years ago. And they are being ruled by puppet governments. Moreover the majority of Muslims due to their recent independence and continuous turmoils which come through the exploiting west, are quite uneducated.

I remember that once some people objected to Lee kwong wu (Singaporean dictator) as to "you have dictatorship". And the guy who has revolutionized the economy of Singapore responded. "We did not have the long span of time that Europe had. Now that I have put the country on the right course, it is upto them, whatever they want i.e. dictatorship or democracy or any other thing".

Unfortunately this is not the case of Muslims.

You can see the hypocrisy and double standards of the West, by just a few examples;

1- They support the return of Jews and settlement and their right to Israel. Now these Jews are some people who think and claim to have some relation or ancestorial ties with the people who were expelled from that land 2000 years ago.

BUT !!, you just cannot bear the Palestinians WHO have recently been massacred, made an alien in his own homeland, expelled, persecuted, in Israel. I mean the guy has a broken house, and its keys and deeds with him. He can go to the site and show you the devastated village, destroyed mosque, and remains of the buildings where they once lived. But no, that is to be taken off the table. For the west, they are not even humans.

2- You state that Al-Qaeda attacked the WTC / 911. But no one asks the proof / evidence from Bush to produce that. He was given a clean chit and a blind belief on the mere statement that "we have the proof, but it is much too sensitive, to reveal". What are you kidding us. Is it sensitive for the US gov. The most powerful nation on the map at the moment. You mean more than 11 years, more than trillions of dollars gone into the war. The whole Afghanistan captured and hundreds of thousands killed. And you still don't have the morals to show the evidence. wow !! you Christians, have some very high morals !

3- Al-Qaeda was mostly composed of Arabs. So many operations conducted within Afghanistan and Pakistan. But has there been a single operation in Saudi Arabia ? I mean the country from where these supposedly people have been coming. Did the US even have the balls to say a word about that, not to mention to do something about it. Oh no, well Saudi Arabia is an ally. Because the oil comes from there !! :) . Afghans and Pakistanis are meaningless, because they don't have the resources that US / West needs.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Relief
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

Yes, Judaism and Christianity are closest to Islam, what Jews and Christians worship we Muslims consider holy prophets. In fact, in Islam it is permitted for men to marry Christian or Jews women (we call them Ahlul Kitab (the people of the book)). Also, some Muslim scholars believe that good Christians or Jews have a chance to go to paradise. Yes, they can coexist as they did before, when Islam was spread back then a lot of Christians and Jews lived along with Muslims peacefully in the Muslim world.

• 8 years ago

Salam We are all brothers and sisters because we have the sane ancestors Adam and Eve although we have different religion and different race.We Muslims do wish that Judaism,Christianity could live peacefully side by side Sharia law should be adhered by Muslims only because it is derived from the Qur'an and hadith We Muslims could live with full tolerance with others' religion followers because based on the Qur'an surah 109 Al Kafiruun we should say that we would not worship what you worship and you would not worship what we worship For you is your religion and for us is our religion We respect each others right to worship and live in the society side by side peacefully We do not want others to follow us by force.We do not care if others have different choice

• The "sharia" doesn't even follow Quran.. Stoning to death for adultery, death for apostasy and killing for insulting Islam is not supported in the Quran. I think that we can all coexist because in Islam, even true Christians and Jews are given a chance. However, there will always be people in every religion that make stereotypes and are Rascists, so Islam, Christianity and Judaism can peacefully co-exist, but their "followers" cannot.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Zlatan
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

NO.

Qur'an (5:51) - "O you who have believed, do not take the Jews and the Christians as allies. They are [in fact] allies of one another. And whoever is an ally to them among you - then indeed, he is [one] of them. Indeed, Allah guides not the wrongdoing people."

this means the jews and christians are not reliable *supporters*(awliyah means supporters not friends). we can see this in the modern world, where america invaded many muslim lands.

sharia law was the very same law that the jews carried with them until their kingdom collapsed. sharia law was the very same law the christains carried with them until Christendom collapsed. sharia law was the very same law that had been in place for more than a thousand years until muslims abandoned it.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

within both christianity and islam, there are different schools and sects. these sects have differing opinions on the laws and morality and tolerance. For example the more extreme versions of both religions do not allow tolerance or encourage peace, it does the opposite by encouraging violence and intolerance. However the more reasonable and liberal versions encourage peace and tolerance. the majority of people take this view and i suspect always will. I would argue that they can co exist and has done even in the past, both in christian societies and in islamic societies.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

You are asking Muslims to renounce the laws of Allah سبحانه و تعالى.

That will never happen.

It would be nice if Jews, Christians and Muslims could live together in peace, but Christians/Jews make that impossible. Look at what Jews in Israel do to Palestinian Muslims and look what Christian Americans do to Muslims in Afghanistan/Pakistan. Clearly, it is not Sharia which is the problem but the Judeo-Christian religion and Western imperialism.

"...never will the Jews or the Christians approve of you until you follow their religion. Say, "Indeed, the guidance of Allah is the [only] guidance." If you were to follow their desires after what has come to you of knowledge, you would have against Allah no protector or helper..." (Qur'an 2:120)

• 8 years ago

Judaism, Christianity, both were time limited and for a specific community hence no more valid these days. You ask Muslims a question and end up giving BA to Islam haters, whats your point?

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Objection to Islaam is often raised against the death penalty prescribed for apostasy

(abandonment of religion). Since religion in Western civilization came to be looked at as

a personal choice which cannot be enforced by either Church or state, to execute a person

for leaving his religion would naturally seem extreme.

1. It should be kept in mind that when capital punishment for murder was abolished in

the UK in 1965 it was retained for treason and piracy with violence. And it was also

the legal punishment for setting fire to Her Majesty’s ships and dockyards until

1971.13 Most countries have executed its citizens for treason. Treason is an act of

rebellion against the state. State secrets are given to other countries which may not be

at war with the state.

2. Islaam is not merely a religion but a complete system of life. Its rules not only govern

individual conduct but also shape the basic laws and public order in the Muslim state.

Apostasy encourages the rejection of law and order of society. It is an act of treason

against the state which would encourage rebellion among the weaker citizens.

3. One who personally abandons the faith and leaves the country would not be hunted

down and assassinated. Nor would one who apostates privately and remains in the

Muslim state conforming to the outward rules of the state be tracked down and

executed. The practice of setting up inquisition courts to examine people’s faith is not

a part of Islaamic legal tradition.

4. There is no compulsion in joining Islaam. Anyone may join the religion, but it should

not be taken lightly. Only those who are serious should join. The death penalty

discourages those who might think to join the religion in order to undermine it from

within. The apostasy law was first instituted to stop the undermining of the state. Jews

in Madeenah were converting to Islaam and apostating shortly thereafter in order to

destroy the confidence of newly converted Muslims (Soorah Aal ‘Imraan (3): 72).

5. The death penalty is mainly for apostates who cooperate with enemies at war with the

Muslim state or those who gather people against Islaam and fight against the state.

6. Western Civilization executes its citizens for giving away state secrets; something

material. Islaamic law prescribes the death penalty for something far more serious.

Rebellion against God is a far greater crime than rebellion against state secrets

• 8 years ago

Should Americans be scared of the Sharia Law? - Yasir Qadhi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mxkh-rCWXnM

Youtube thumbnail

A Proud, Patriotic, Sharia Practicing American - Yasir Qadhi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGfni9GnwgU

Youtube thumbnail

Thank you for your questions. As much as I don't want you to lose any of your precious time, or you as well, the videos are quite accurate on how many people misconceive Saudi Arabian Sharia, in lieu of understanding to the real core Sharia facts.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.