I have lost my faith in God, how can j get it back?

When i was in 1-3 grades i went to a christian school and my favorite part of the day was bible class then in 4th grade i went to public school i started to not want to go to church anymore and i used to be able to name every book in the bible now i can barley name the books in the new testament i have mad some wrong dececions and i want to have faith agian in God. Every time i try though it seams like something happens that stops me if its from my friends or my parents it is always something. Oh and right now im in 9th grade and im going through some hard stuff and i really want and need my faith back in God please give me some advice on how to get back close with him.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

You should really talk to your parents about this. A young person like yourself can easily be misled in a site such as this. However, since it is apparent that your parents want you to be a Christian, and so do you, why not try this: Instead of reading the Bible from front to back. Try starting in Psalms or Proverbs. You may find they keep your attention and have some practical wisdom that may help you to build your faith. And perhaps you can continue from there.

Also, ask God to forgive you for your wrong decisions, if in fact they were sins. He is forgiving and loving, and wants you to initiate a relationship with Him. I hope this helps.

• 8 years ago

The only way you will EVER be close to God is first to fear him. The Bible says in multiple places that the beginning of wisdom is fear. You will not serve him if you don't fear him.

Second , you have to read your Bible EVERY day. To know what he left behind for you to know...directly from and about Him.

The Bible itself says to renew your mind daily. So you do that by constantly reading His word so that you cannot forget what he says or let it become less and less important because it was somethign you only read once a long time ago

• 8 years ago

Sometimes we tend to look in the wrong places. We think once we start believing in God, we all of a sudden get job raises, or win the lottery, or things of that nature. He will probably work in places you least expect them to. My advice to you is start small. Start saying small prayers before you start your day and when you are about to go to bed. Occasionally listen to christian music and slowly start studying your bible. Since you are young, you may wait on studying your bible and start reading inspirational quotes. Do that for several days and you will notice your attitude towards God shifting. Trust me, its not an instant thing, it takes time and dedication. Best of luck to you and I will keep you in my prayers.

• 8 years ago

No need to feel down my friend, your life will turn around. Every person on this earth has been through hard times and a little depression. Even your mom & dad, the people you look up to, me & everyone else. Wait on the Lord & he will bless you.

God puts us through hard times to show us how much we need him. When you realize how much you need the Lord & devote your life to Christ things will turn around for you.

Read the Holy Bible it gives you instruction how to live. Follow the Lord's commandments & pray for strength to get through it.

Trust in the Lord who created all things. It will get better.

God Bless

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • C.D.M.
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

Keep reading your Bible. Keep feeding your mind the Word of God.

Keep going to church and make sure you are going to a church that is teaching the Bible and the Gospel of Jesus Christ...NOT this b.s. prosperity gospel, and 'sow a seed' gospel cr*p you see on TV now days.

Keep saying your prayers every night.

God Bless you

• 8 years ago

Pray.

I would say pray the Rosary.

Prayer puts us in the habit of relying on God.

Getting out of the habit of relying on God leads to the illusion that we are self made.

Having just enough humility to acknowledge our need for God's help allows for

a relationship that grows and provides us with endurance.

You are at a tough age. Your ability to comprehend problems is greater than

you ability to cope. This is the time to remember Who can truly help you cope.

Pray.

Source(s): Jesus lives
  • Nous
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

The only way primitive religion exists today is through the child abuse of forcing it into very, very young children but thanks to better education and growing intellects so many teens are able to discover the truth, throw off the indoctrination and step into the real world!

• 8 years ago

Just send me $19.95, plus $5 shipping and handling, and I'll send you the Magical Faith Paper, guaranteed to restore your faith or I'll send you another one FREE!

Order now. Supplies are limited.

• 8 years ago

The fact that you cant let go is faith. You still have faith kid.

• ?
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

I'm your age.

All I can say is, instead of relying on a fictitious being to help you, help yourself. Do something that distracts you like drawing, exercising, listening to music, etc. "God" won't do $hit. No one here can help restore your faith. Can someone help restore your fairy in Santa Claus?

EDIT: ...faith*********** Fairy? Dafuq kind of sorcery is this?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.