Why won't my retrieved XP product key work?

I retrieved the key using keyfinderthing, but the Windows activation form won't accept it. What should I do now? I lost my disk. Thanks.

No hardware has been changed or added. Where should this option to get another code be? I don't see anything in the activation window or in keyfinderthing.

Favorite Answer

If any of your hardware has been changed, or new hardware added, it won't work. There should be an option to get another key, just use that, and get another key.

• Buster

Use the phone call option. It will walk you trough get it activated. If you don't get an automatic activation ask to speak to rep.REemember if you changed the hard drive, which you said you didn't, don't tell them. Microsoft is real bad when you change your hard drive, motherboard, they will tell ylou that you have to buy a new Opearting System.

Joe

The Old Computer Guy

Probably because when you buy XP it is a one time only activation so you probably already used you key once before. When you use an activation key it disables the code