Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceTrivia · 8 years ago

Please help me on the pull out method!!?

Hi. I have a bf but cheated on him. We have sex regularly. My lmp was 5th October and had sex with this other lad round the 16th-I think. Conception dates are working out around the 19th. The lad is 100% sure he pulled out way before so is not worried that the child is his but I am really really scared that it is. I know the pull out method isn't 100% safe so I don't need a lecture as I know what I done was wrong. I want to tell my bf but I'm so scared but should face up to what I've done. Any help on this please? :(

Favorite Answer

Don't down your self sweety Im not saying what you did was right but doesn't mean your a bad person there still is a chance your boyfriend is the father but you will need a dna test to determine but you will have to let the both men know and be prepared for your boyfriend leaving you just keep your head up okay and who knows maybe everything will fall in place take care okay if you need any more advice or anything my email is Alejandra.Lopez31110@yahoo.com

Don't worry, no lectures from me. People can make mistakes, it happens and you move on from it.

Are you 100% sure you're pregnant? Don't just really on home tests, see a doctor or if you haven't the funds, a women's' health clinic will usually give free tests. They can also tell you more accurately when you conceived than I can, I can only estimate with the information I have here.

Now, to your questions...It depends...by "lmp" I'm assuming you mean last menstrual period?

Now, by October 5th do you mean your last period ENDED on Oct 5 or BEGAN on Oct 5?

If your last period ended on Oct 5, the most fertile days of that month would be around Oct 16, 17, 18 & 19.

If it ended on Oct 5, your most fertile days would have been around Oct 10, 11, 12 &13

This is assuming you have regular periods and the length of your cycle is 28 days. The length of your cycle is the number of days between the first day of your last period and the first day of your next period.

Like you said, the "pull out" method isn't 100% accurate, it's considered to be about 73% effective.

I'm sure others will have opinions, but my advice, what I would do is just wait and see. I wouldn't tell your boyfriend anything just yet because you're not sure. If you are regularly having sex with him and had sex with this one guy once, although it's possible, the child is more likely to be your boyfriends. Why open yourself to alot of accusations and arguments before you know for sure?

I hope this was some help for you, I was in sort of this situation many years ago, and I know how agonizing it can be. Please let me know if I can be of any more help

Cherryl.