Can Republicans ever win another national election?

It's clear that Republicans were stunned by the results of this year's election. That's difficult to explain when the outcome was not only so predictable but actually predicted. But it does illustrate the poor position they hold with regard to the Electoral map. It seems unlikely that there will be... show more It's clear that Republicans were stunned by the results of this year's election. That's difficult to explain when the outcome was not only so predictable but actually predicted. But it does illustrate the poor position they hold with regard to the Electoral map. It seems unlikely that there will be fewer minorities voting in four or eight years. Their positions with regard to hispanics, women, gays and, well, pretty much anyone who isn't a white evangelical Christian are so out of sync with the country at large they're becoming less and less relevant with each passing year. So the question becomes, is it even possible for Republicans to win the White house in the foreseeable future?
Update: Thank you MELT. I am quite young, only 45 years old. But I don't think that's what you meant.
Update 2: Fester, I think you're very wrong. First, Bush and his "amnesty" ideals couldn't get nominated today. Second, no matter your thoughts on the whole Florida thing, Bush barely won in 2000 with 271 Electoral votes. I'm not a Bush fan, but will admit he has charisma. He won very close elections... show more Fester, I think you're very wrong. First, Bush and his "amnesty" ideals couldn't get nominated today. Second, no matter your thoughts on the whole Florida thing, Bush barely won in 2000 with 271 Electoral votes. I'm not a Bush fan, but will admit he has charisma. He won very close elections against two, if we're honest, poor Democratic candidates. In the last election, the Republicans nominated the only candidate that Democrats feared. No only that, but the President was very vulnerable in a poor economy. Yet he won by a wider margin than Bush did either time. And that doesn't addres the changing demographics in America whcih will only be worse for Republicans in four and eight years.
Update 3: Joseph B - as I'm sure you already know, Presidents aren't elected by popular vote, so your observation is pointless. In fact, that's the very question I am asking: because of the way we elect the President, is it possible for the Republican party to win? Let me ask it this way- what states will they... show more Joseph B - as I'm sure you already know, Presidents aren't elected by popular vote, so your observation is pointless. In fact, that's the very question I am asking: because of the way we elect the President, is it possible for the Republican party to win?

Let me ask it this way- what states will they turn over to win? Pennsylvania? Nevada? New Mexico? I don't see a path that is getting easier for them. But I do see states like Arizona and Texas moving out of the solid Republican column in the next decade.