Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 7 years ago

How much does Bosley cost?

I'm considering Bosley for my hair transplant and want to know how much it typically costs for a procedure? I'd be going to the Boston location as it's closest to my home and I've heard good things about it.

To give a bit more detail, about 50% of the hair on top of my head has vanished over the last few years, I'm not completely bald but it's noticeably thinner and if I don't do something about it I'm afraid I'll lose it all. Bald works for some people, I'm not one of them!

Thanks for the help.

Best Answer

Wherever you decide to get your hair transplant done, consider this. You’ll be charged based on the number of follicles required to complete your hair restoration. However, the more follicles required, the lower the “per-follicle” cost will be. To clarify, 2,000 follicles would not cost twice as much as 1,000 follicles.

If your situation only requires a low (usually under 1,000) number of hair transplants to cover your bald spot, the cost is $9.50 per follicle. At the other end of the scale, you pay about $5.50 per follicle if you need a lot of transplants. Bosley offers financing in multiple packages. Let’s break the prices down:

At 600 grafts, you’ll pay $9.50 per graft. The cost of the procedure is $5,700. On a 60-month term, the monthly payment is around $118.

If you double that, and get 1200 grafts, you’ll pay $8.00 a graft. The total cost of the procedure would be $9,600, and the monthly payment on a 60-month term would be about $199.

Let’s say you need 3000 grafts (which will likely require multiple operations). The cost is $5.50 a graft, and the total cost would be $16,500. The lowest monthly payment on this amount would be approximately $342.

Shorter financing terms are also available.

Additionally…

Anesthetics and pain medication is included in each procedure’s cost, which certainly contributes to it’s seemingly-high number. This, combined with the fact that procedures typically require between 6 and 8 trained nurses and technicians to accompany the lead Surgeon justifies the price.

• jenni4 years agoReport

Great answer!! Very understandable. Now question, how much space does 1k/2k/3k grafts cover? Say receding hairline, mostly sides of front?

A lot of people are curious about the cost of a Bosley hair transplantation procedure. Naturally, this is one of the deciding factors for many men and women in terms of whether or not to move forward with a hair restoration surgery.

Most places that do follicular unit transplantation procedures (like Bosley) charge on a per-follicle basis; and generally, the higher the number of follicles the lower the “per-follicle” charge. So, for instance, if you choose to do 1600 follicular transplants instead of 800, it doesn’t double the cost.

If your situation only requires a low (usually under 1,000) number of hair transplants to cover your bald spot, the cost is $9.50 per follicle. At the other end of the scale, you pay about $5.50 per follicle if you need a lot of transplants. Bosley also offers financing, with a number of different terms. There are a lot of options, so I’ll give you some examples: If you get, say, 600 grafts, you’ll pay $9.50 per graft. The cost of the procedure is $5,700. On a 60-month term, the monthly payment is around $118. If you double that, and get 1200 grafts, you’ll pay $8.00 a graft. The total cost of the procedure would be $9,600, and the monthly payment on a 60-month term would be about $199. At the other end of the spectrum, let’s say you get 3000 grafts (this will likely take more than one sitting, by the way). You’ll pay $5.50 a graft, and the total cost would be $16,500. The lowest monthly payment on this amount would be approximately $342. You could also go for a shorter term on the financing, in which case your payments go up (of course).

When I first learned of the costs associate with hair transplantation, I was a bit surprised. However, having gone through the procedure myself, I feel that I understand the value. I had 1900 grafts done during my procedure, which took an entire day. During that day, I had Dr. Winans and an entire team of nurses and technicians dedicated to the success of my hair restortion. In totall, there were 7 or 8 trained professionals devoted to my procedure for an entire day. Also, all of the anesthetic and pain medications are included – as are a number of post-operative hair and scalp care products. So overall, I felt like I understood why the price was somewhat high.

The other side of the coin, of course, is – how much would you pay to have a full head of hair for the rest of your life?

It all depends on your perspective, and your own personal desire regarding your hair and hair restoration. The good news is, now you have options if you don’t want to be bald!

• Mitchell S5 years agoReport

If you default on your loan payments, does Bosley reclaim the hair?

Bosley Hair Reviews

Using Occam's Razor, consider this: If Bosley or any hair restoration methods worked, it seems many wealthy people, celebrities, politicians etc would ALL have full heads of hair. Instead, we do not see a reduction in baldness in any of the more wealthier classes of society.

The wealthy, celebrities, and politicians still use scalp color sprays, and the micro hair fibers you sprinkle on your head.

Until I start seeing full heads of hair on more and more men, I will consider Bosley and other "hair restoration" methods bogus.

Oh, and when Christopher Knight of the Brady Bunch says, "This is MY hair!" on the commercial, remember this: Yes, he is talking about the hair on his head, not about the hair restoration process. He can't be held accountable for saying "This is MY hair" because, yes, it is HIS hair he is talking about. His statement has nothing to do with the product he is getting paid to represent.

We all lose some hair strands each day. So, it’s normal to see some hair coming off your scalp when you brush your hair daily. Normally we lose about 80-100 strands daily due to the end of life cycle of a hair strand. If that’s the matter, you don’t have to worry a lot. Just continue to have a stress-less healthy lifestyle including balanced diet. It’s when you see an abnormal loss of hair that you should start taking measures to stop this. There are many causes of hair loss.

Whatever the causes, you should try to eliminate them first and then resort to these home remedies for hair loss. Read here https://tr.im/HairLossPrevention

You may lose hair due to some hormonal changes, unhealthy lifestyle, junk food devoid of nutritional value, stress, some medication, vitamins deficiency, thyroid problems, menopause etc.

Bosley is one of many clinics to consider. Prices around the country can vary from 3$ to $12 dollars per graft. For example, Dr Limmer has great prices with lots of experience. You can also look into FUE dedicated hair restoration centers that have lots of experience like the Mosaic Clinic Hair Transplant Center.

• Lobo2 years agoReport

Went to BL Limmer back in the plug days, totally unhappy, most of the hairs did't take, and he used up most of my hair supply. Went to him because his price was cheapest, big mistake. I got butchered.

We often see hypothyroid symptoms totally reversed when commits to a plan that supports balance through nutrition and daily self-care. Learn here https://tr.im/tqSqG

Consume foods naturally high in B vitamins, such as whole grains, nuts, and seeds, and iodine (fish, seaweed, vegetables and root vegetables).

Exercise daily, at least 30–60 minutes per day, 4–5 times a week.

Practice deep breathing and other techniques that trigger the “relaxation response” – such as meditation and guided visualization.

Boston is a superior blend of colonial history and cutting-edge innovation. From the wonderful cobblestones of Beacon Hill and innovative landmarks of the Freedom Trail, to the well-known grounds of Harvard University and Fenway Park, Boston is a prize trove of Americana and with hotelbye you can have the opportunity to know that treasure. Boston is famous it while the "support of liberty" and Faneuil Hall is one of the places must-see just like the adjacent Faneuil Hall Marketplace, a location that features three long halls: Quincy Industry, North Industry, and South Market. , Faneuil Hall Marketplace is dating from the first 19th century and has become entertained by a vibrant range of shops, restaurants, and exhibitions. In good weather, you will find road artists and buskers wearing shows in the square across the market.

I had been suffering from hair loss for 5 years, they had been lost in group, I even had had no confidence to go out or meet anyone. But now, I'm a very confident man, I can approach any girl I want. Beautiful strong hair is my secret. Read more:

There are many methods to make our hair grow faster, shine , glitter in natural ways without using chemicals. Learn here https://biturl.im/aU0wl Men, and sometimes women, notice that their hair is thinning prematurely for several different reasons. Age, menopause, pregnancy, genetics, illness, and other factors all play a role in hair loss. Sure, you can use drugs or you can go in for a hair transplant or fusion, but sometimes the easiest, most inexpensive solution, is to try to stop hair loss naturally.