What is this red light behind the steering wheel of my 1995 Honda Civic?

I have recently bought a used 1995 Honda Civic and I noticed that when I close the door and lock it, there is this tiny red light that flashes over and over right behind the steering wheel and I don't know what it does. I don't want the battery to die on me, but I'm not sure if it's doing something important. I had the car for a while, and I never noticed it before (it may have been doing it since i bought it, idk). Help?

Edit: Forgot to mention it only comes on when the car is turned off. Someone told me it was like an anit-theft thing. Not sure.

• C7S
    Best Answer

Yes it is anti theft.

Nothing to worry about.

The flashing means it is activated. That is a good thing.

If there's no logo or letters on the light, it would be best just to take it to a Honda dealer's service department and ask them about it. They won't charge you anything just to look at it, and if it's something serious, you'll want to get the problem fixed right away before any damage is done. But you've go a great little car. If it's been regularly serviced according to the maintenance manual, it will last you for many years to come.

Source(s): Owner of a 1996 Honda Accord EX.
  • grabe

hearken to Paul- he's the really one which were given it found out! You bent something and it really is going to wish replacing. maximum of those childrens throwing round money ascertain are putting you up for a marvel. Dude you hit something and bent the crap out of the little aspects on your automobile that influence sterring. they might ought to locate the bent aspects and replace them. It win't be less expensive notwithstanding it will be finished and in many circumstances by technique of an alignment save. Get it in now earlier something breaks and also you die ASE Cert automobile Tech 30 years Veteran of adjusting various kid Bent Honda's

It is an after market anti theft system, nothing to worry about

its a anti theft alarm system

it flashes letting people no that it has anti theft