.22LR Handgun with high capacity mags?

Between my AR 15, AK variant, and 9mm handgun, its expensive to go to the range! I'm looking into getting a .22LR pistol. I really like the Ruger SR 22, and the reviews on it are all good. Unfortunately, there are only 10 round magazines for the SR 22. Does anyone know of a .22LR handgun with high capacity magazines? I know of the Kel-Tech PMR 30, but it shoots WMR, which is a little more expensive than .22LR's. Can anyone help?

• Zack
    Favorite Answer

Well, it's not a looker but it definitely holds a lot of rounds. Kel-tec plr-22. Holds 26 rounds of .22 lr.

• Jeff

Simple solution... find a pistol you like and order some extra mags for it.

10 rounds is actually a lot of ammo... if you can hit reactive targets 10/10 your probably not "spraying and praying".

Learning to reload a handgun is a real world skill anyway. If you pre loaded 4 or 5 mags you would get a chance to drill on reloads ....

Lastly... I keep at least 6 mags for any carry gun I keep. I probably have 20 good 1911 mags ... a half dozen for a Glock I carry some and shoot IDPA with and working on 4 more for a 1911-9mm I use in IDPA also.

10 rounds is about the best you'll do. It has proved to be unattainable to create a double stack or even a long single stack mag for the .22lr so one can constantly reliably feed. The combo of the scale of the cartridge and the rim is the concern. Kel Tec has a .22 mag pistol that holds 30, but they had to rather work on the magazine and the rather longer case helped.

Due to the small size and rimmed cartridge, single stack pistol mags tend feed unreliably when you get much over 10 rounds, that's why you can't find any. If you are at the range why do you need high cap mags anyway? Just buy some extra mags.

• Mrbill

Calico made 50 and 100 round mag 22 pictols. Pretty compact for the large mag set up. I sold two used many years back.

• Mr.357

Ruger Charger. Seriously get a couple of magazines and learn how to remove a magazine and install a fresh magazine.