Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 7 years ago

What will happen if Angus T Jones keeps on reading the Bible and gets to Matthew 19?

Jones is the kid from the show 2.5 Men (the one that used to have The Sheen on it) and the Christian broadcast stations are all giddy today over the fact he just told everyone to not watch his shows because they go against his Christian values. Oh, he's going to finish out the season at $350,000 per episode, and has been earing close to that per episode for quite a few years. But you shouldn't watch what he does on there because that would be bad.

Now, that Bible chapter I mentioned is the one that says it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God... and it also is the one where Jesus says "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

So what do you think he will do about the many millions dollars of self-admittedly ill-gotten gains he has in his portfolio if he ever actually reads the Bible to that point?

T68: Just how many verses in the Bible say it is intended for the entire world? Even the sermon on the mount could be discounted since he was speaking to a specific group of people and not doing a satellite broadcast, right?

Best Answer

He's a 19 year old kid, talking out of pure emotion, he hasn't thought it all through.

But you're right, he should put his money where his mouth is. The funny thing is, he'll probably soothe his own conscience by giving lots of money to his new church.

And they should enjoy their 20 pieces of silver.

Perhaps you don't understand the verse, it does not mean he can not get to Heaven.

Jesus does not say "You must be poor to get into Heaven."

King Solomon was in his day the wealthiest man on earth because of God's blessings.

So what was Jesus talking about? The classic sin, the root of all evil. The LOVE of money. The rich man LOVED his money. Jesus knew that. The man was a wheeler and dealer, he knew how the system worked, you scratch my back I scratch yours...he was trying to BUY his way into Heaven. He was wanting to work a deal with Jesus. Master, what must I DO.

Many people can use their money wisely, and God expects them to do just that. Jesus uses another parable where a master gives one servant 5 talents. one 2 talents and one 1 talent. When the Master returned the first said Master I have taken your 5 and made 5 more. The Master said well done! The next said Master I have taken your 2 and made 2 more. Again the Master was pleased. But the last said Master I was afraid so I buried your money. With this the Master was angry and took from him and gave it to the one with ten.

God expects us to use and prosper. As we do with our own children. Not to be lazy or slothful.

Jesus is talking not about having a lot of money. That if you are to follow Him, you can't be dwelling and focusing on your riches. The kingdom of God is doing the right things, being rich is not the issue in that scripture.

Source(s): The Bible.
  • Jamie

I think he will skip that verse and pretend he has not seen it yet, he will be a cherry picking religious person, he is a very ungrateful person. I hope he does quit and someone else takes his spot, there are obviously people who will appreciate that part more; I wonder if he will help the poor, he is rich enough and I am sure that Jesus said you are supposed to help the homeless and less fortunate.

Hopefully he wil break free from his religious brain-washing that those SDA's probably poured down his throat. "SDA supports religious freedom", my boot!

anus jones is on the new show 2.75 men (there is no more charlie sheen)

• .

By that time he should realize that Jesus was talking to a specific person, not everyone on the planet. You also should realize this.