How To View 1902 English Birth Record?

I have done a lot of Irish and Scottish ancestry and have approx 4320 people in my tree.

However a new branch has given me my first English birth record. Born in 1902, I have a fair idea I am on to the correct record using ancestry.co.uk indexes.

Do I need to order a copy of this? Is it possible to view a copy to ensure it is the correct record?

Irish and Scottish records I can instantly access and download a digital copy. Surely there is a way to do this with English records?

Favorite Answer

Unfortunately you can't see birth certificates online - It would be so much easier if you could, but they are a legal document so have to be ordered. One thing you could try if you haven't already, is to see if there is a baptism record online. I found my Grandmother's on Family Search. Not every record is on there and not all have attachments to see, but it is worth a shot.

• Maxi

You would have to order a birth certificate, although the only additional information from a birth cert you would get is the first names of the parents and the actual birth date....to see a short and long copy of a birth cert and what information it gives you http://familytimeline.webs.com/bmdcertificateinfo.... if you order one you would get a long copy

If you go onto the links page of that website you will find freebmd index and freeregs, bmd are the registration ( civil) and regs are parish records and possibly copies of baptisms ( and marriages/burials) which are being transcribed and added to daily........................................

Birth Records Search Database : http://BirthRecords.neatprim.com

As others have said you can only order it be be delivered snail mail, it cost 9.25 pounds and it takes weeks to be delivered.

If you have Ancestry I suppose you have already tried to figure out who the parents are using the 1911 census?

• reider

i do no longer have faith that England has any of those information on line. various the parish information may well be accessible even though it extremely is effectual or omit challenge. you're able to desire to take the techniques from the index and request the information from the approriate county or city registry and pay the cost for a duplicate to be provided to you.