Business Professional's opinions needed: Would it be stupid to give up a successful & established business?

I am supposed to take over the Property management business when my dad retires in a few years. My life is changing & I am considering moving 250 mi away. Not sure if i should give up the business or if it would be possible to keep business, hire another licensed pm & keep an eye on things via fax, email &... show more I am supposed to take over the Property management business when my dad retires in a few years. My life is changing & I am considering moving 250 mi away.

Not sure if i should give up the business or if it would be possible to keep business, hire another licensed pm & keep an eye on things via fax, email & monthly visits? I would be in the same state & maintain my licensed as well.
Update: I do have a passion for my business. I am only 35 and my personal life is changing as i never expected it to.

Yes, with the right office staff i to think that the 250 mi is not insurmountable.