Seniors: Why is the Affordable Care Act misrepresented?

I'm NOT asking about the cost to employers or any of the other reasons people have for not wanting AFCA to go into effect.

Please don't give me pages and pages of reasons why it's unconstitutional or something.

I'm NOT asking about the reasons the uninsured are desperate for this plan.

I'm already quite aware of those issues.

Sooooooooooo many people have stated that Congress exempted itself and will keep their "Cadillac coverage".

THAT'S my question...are you aware of this reporting error?

Does passage of this act make you feel a tiny bit better knowing that the fat-cat politicians will finally be in the same boat with the rest of us?

That Congress exempted itself is untrue as revealed by FactCheck.org and Forbes magazine.

http://www.factcheck.org/2010/01/congres…

http://madvilletimes.com/2012/07/afforda…

• LeRoy
    Favorite Answer

Misrepresenting the truth has always been a political fact of life. Those that used the average voters lack of knowledge concerning most details of the Affordable Care Act thought that if they attacked the acts weak points they'd be able to turn the voters sentiment against the President and the democratic party as a whole but they unfortunatly picked points that were not as relevent as they thought they'd be. This was due to the republicans inability to operate at grass roots level where most of the votes are. They tried to place blame for the poor economy on something that is not even fully going into law until 2014. Plus they confounded their mistakes of misinformation by lacing it with outright lies as you have pointed out. You used the backdoor approach coming into your question but you came out the front, up front with reliable sources and that's what counts.

Too bad that the people you are trying to reach with this question don't trust fact-checkers, believing them to be hopelessly biased towards liberal causes. Some people wouldn't know the truth if it walked up and bit them on their azz. Even though fully half of the facts they check are those of liberals.

I got the biggest kick out of Michele Bachmann, who told a crowd that PolitiFact had called her truthful, when just the opposite was true. She had more "pants on fire" ratings than any other pol in this cycle, by far.

• Power

I think it is silly to care what congress has as insurance. People are dying, people are on disability who could have better care that would help them work, people have lost their houses, This is just a delay for the dumb. We need health care for all more than we need education for all.

Children are covered but to use an eample, would you rather have your 8 year old child have health care if they were ill or have school? Healthy care is important. I don't use it myself but people who believe in it should have it. They might not work but if they are a citizen of this country they may have had parents who worked or grandparents who worked their whole life so they are entitled to it.

• Kevin

Most only know what they hear on one specific TV channel and

believe everything they are told (Cult).Funny the owner of that is

known for hacking and other illegal activities, but that's OK with them

Most think it will effect them if they already have converage (wrong)

Most are "Christians" but don't care about the underemployed or

poor. Sounds very selfish to me

OBTW they hate fact checking, it goes against what they are told.

Most loved it when it was called Romney care, you know the guy who

invented it

The links provided don't have any information regarding this subject.

If we are all going to have to pay our fair share, then Congress should have to be under the same coverage as the rest of us.

the federal gov. has a long, long way to go to earn back the trust of the middle class. a long way.