what time was jesus arrested?

hi everyone, I am trying to figure out the approximate time when Jesus was praying in Gethsemane, (Father if it is possible to avoid drinking this cup...etc) before He was arrested.

I know it's perhaps to complicated of a question but if you know some history

please share. Thanks. Also if you know the time of the last supper with the disciples, that would be great. God bless.

Favorite Answer

We know that Jesus and his disciples would sit down to partake of the Passover meal after sundown because that is when the old day ends and the new day begins. I don't know what time the sun sets in Israel at the end of March / beginning April but the Passover meal would not start till sundown.

However long it took them to eat the meal, it would be very late in the evening - perhaps even close to midnight - when Jesus and his disciples went to the Mount of Olives/Gethsemane. Luke's gospel informs us that after Jesus finished praying to his Father, he found his disciples asleep. After waking them, Jesus was arrested by the officers of the temple guard and the elders. After interrogating him at the house of the high priest, Peter denied Jesus three times as the cockerell crowed - dawn.

Hope that helps. If I find anything else, I will add a comment. GT

• Tiger

The supper "Passover" was on Thursday night after sunset.

For Gethsemane John indicates this happened after dark. It could have occurred anywhere between 10 PM to dawn or 4 AM

Try this site http://www.loriswebs.com/lorispoetry/hours.html

MIMI

"If" Jesus became arrested by utilising the "extreme priest" it could have been for his secure practices. It became the Romans who appointed the two the King and the extreme Priest. They brooked no nonsense from everyone claiming the throne! i think the clergymen have been warning Jesus of what could ensue if he persisted to declare that he became "king of the Jews." If the Jews had discovered him responsible of any crime (that's absurd) he could have been stoned after a tribulation by utilising judges. The streets of Jerusalem have been lined with 1000's of Jewish our bodies rotting on crosses. The Romans occupied the land and performed people who tried to usurp their authority! .

• YANM

3pm with the disciples' and 11.3opm arrested with the first trial at ten past midnight.

Source(s): God.

12:45 pm

• Johnny

Maybe it says in the police files

According to my watch, Jesus was arrested shortly before...

*wait for it*

*wait for it*...

HAMMER TIME!

• Frans

25.61 o'clock.