Considering the current series, Ind Eng, SL NZ, Ban Win, Aus SA, do you think Test Cricket is dying?

I didn't watch the other matches, but Mumbai gave a good crowd, and a sporty one too. I guess there must have been good crowd in Aus too. Where there is quality cricket, there is crowd.

What's your say?

BQ: Answer in just a yes or a no, do you believe that T20 is killing Test Cricket? Please state no reasons for BQ.

Favorite Answer

You are still too young and you're enjoying this season, aren't you? That must answer your question. Test cricket will never die no matter what the fast food generation kids say.

BQ) No. A rat may trouble an elephant but won't be able to kill him.

• T J

If you see what was happening prior to these Test series, T-20 was freely being played and it was an overdose of T-20, which culminated with the ICC W.C. triumph for West Indies.

Suddenly all the teams have started playing Tests, so from T-20 overdose to all the countries playing Test series, another drastic change has taken place.

Now to measure Test cricket's health on these grounds, is tough & figures are inflated for sure.

People know that an ODI will take about 8-9 hours of their time, maybe 10 at the most.

T-20 takes not more than 4-5 hours, with crack cricket being played thoroughly, in those 40 overs of every game. Hence they have their own following, which is looking on the increase.

Tests are a cricketer's ultimate exams, where they appear to ascertain their quality, not the quantity, which is engaged in ODI's & T-20. Tests separate men from boys.

So quality against the quantity, means that Tests have limited no. of followers, who appreciate the game in toto. Its tough but Tests are not dying but lagging behind both T-20 & ODI's due to their limited nature. So true cricketers & its true fans would help keep Tests alive, ALWAYS..

No, T-20 aren't killing Tests but they are infecting youngsters with instant cricket, which they will believe is real cricket in the future, which would be sad..

Hell no! Ive never seen more exciting test cricket before. I mean you just dont know whats gona happen. And with that west indian side finaly making a comeback we have 7 teams (India,Aus,SA,ENG, Pakistan,WI and the sri lanka) that can beat each other on any day, at home or away. The only sad thing is that some of ther greats are close to retirement

• Saboo

No, I think test cricket is alive and well and proving its value and excitement. The crowds must be a bit of a worry though with Mumbai nowhere near full.

BQ: No

• Adarsh

Test cricket is more popular in Australia & England.Its not upto the mark in India.But Mumbai gave a better response.This is what the level of test cricket has been & expecting it to be maintained this way..

BQ -

A big Yes in the sub-continent especially...

Yea, Pietersen said this on his twiter acount "Dono teams ko support dene ke liye shukriya! Main chahta hoon kolkata aur nagpur mein agle do Tests ke liye bhi aisa hi ho!" so it probably was a good crowd there.

Test cricket will never be able to take cricket to the heights of ...soccer! it doesn't have that appeal, I think t20 has a chance of doing that, but I think we'll keep test cricket alive somehow. I enjoy test cricket. It's good to see some quality matches.

T-20 is a big threat for cricket but it is not going to kill test cricket anytime soon. I hope new changes brought by ICC will give a new twist to test matches and it will prolong its life.

I think Test Cricket is not dying.

No its not for T20 or IPL they advertisement more so people knowing more information on that..but for test matches knowing who most liking cricket people..