alaine asked in TravelUnited StatesBoston · 7 years ago

What is Bostons theatre district like?

I am a college student from the south so it is difficult to know what different neighborhoods are like from websites

Favorite Answer

I don't know where Richard S. lives but it cannot be Boston. Boston definitely has a live theatre district but it is a small one, roughly centered at Tremont and Stuart Streets. And movie theaters scattered throughout the metro Boston area.

And there are also some other individual live theaters not only in Boston but also in Cambridge and Waltham.

It's very urban. The theater district is just outside the core of downtown, bordered on one corner by Boston Common. I'd consider it on the more upscale end of things as far as living in Boston proper goes. The area used to be very dangerous (known as the combat zone), but that was many years (20+) ago, I feel perfectly safe there. If you like Dim Sum, you're only a few blocks from China town.

Personally, I'd love to live in that area.

Assuming your looking at Emerson College?

• Tai

It's great. It borders Downtown, Chinatown, and the Common, so you'd be pretty much in the middle of everything. If I could afford it, that would definitely be one of my top choices for Boston neighborhoods to live in.

Source(s): Bostonian

You're from the South and you are moving to Boston? Are you ever in for a culture shock!

For starters, Boston does not have a theater district!