My family is Traveling to Romania for a month, we have a 13mo old son, should he have any special vaccinations?

We are leaving December 9th for a month to stay with my husbands family in Romania. He is from Pitesti, a smaller country town where his mother and father live. We will be staying with them for the month. It is pretty rural, they have chickens, cows, pigs and live a very simple life. They grow their own veggies,... show more We are leaving December 9th for a month to stay with my husbands family in Romania. He is from Pitesti, a smaller country town where his mother and father live. We will be staying with them for the month. It is pretty rural, they have chickens, cows, pigs and live a very simple life. They grow their own veggies, fruits, kill their own chickens. etc. They drink well water but they boil it first. My son is 13mo and has had all of his vaccinations except for meningitis, I am waiting until he is older for that one. Are their certain precautions I should take with him? Should he have any special vaccinations before we leave? Don;t get me wrong it's not a third world country, but it is a different country with different bacteria, viruses's etc. Should I do anything before we go to Romania for my son? I have been before, I got sick for a few days from drinking water from the well. It wasn't boiled, but for him it will be.
1 answer 1