Is $1500 a reasonable price to find a decent I bedroom apartment in Manhattan?

I hope to go to law school next spring at NYLS, I will have my best friend living with me so we def couldn't do a studio (not that one bedrooms are much bigger) But, would I be able to find a decent place for that price?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Yawker
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

No, unless you stay in Harlem, Washington Heights, Inwood, etc.."Decent" one bedrooms in "decent" parts of Manhattan start at around $1800 a month, but closer to $2K. Do yourself a favor and swap the fantasy for reality and loo to the outer boroughs of Brooklyn or Queens.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 years ago

Manhattan, no. Brooklyn or Queens, definitely. Don't buy into the Manhattan hype. Don't get me wrong, I love Manhattan, but Brooklyn and Queens are wonderful boroughs and just as lively and happening as Manhattan, with great restaurants, clubs, theater, and culture. Places like Astoria, LIC, Park Slope, Bay Ridge, Red Hook, and Brooklyn Heights are great neighborhoods that offer affordable places to live (if you're willing to put it in the time and research).

• 7 years ago

I don't think so, unless you end up all the way uptown or something. Realistically, you'd be better off looking somewhere in the outer boroughs for cheaper rent, and then taking the subway in.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.