I accidentally froze tofu and LOVE the texture change; why isn't freezing tofu recommended more?

After thawing the tofu and using it, I must say that I love how it turned out. It has a firmer texture and seems much easier to work with, and was wonderful with stir-fried noodles. It was delectable, yet I have never heard this recommended as a way of preparing tofu--until I got online and started looking. In... show more After thawing the tofu and using it, I must say that I love how it turned out. It has a firmer texture and seems much easier to work with, and was wonderful with stir-fried noodles. It was delectable, yet I have never heard this recommended as a way of preparing tofu--until I got online and started looking. In fact, most packages of tofu say not to freeze them, but I'm wondering why. It truly is very good frozen, and then thawed and used.