Filming a movie with child actors?

Me (A screen/script writer) and my friends (movie producers and directors) are considering making a movie that is semi-low budget. We will need children as actresses/actors for some main roles. My cousin is an Actress and we definitely want to have her in the movie, along with others. We live in Alabama. I already... show more Me (A screen/script writer) and my friends (movie producers and directors) are considering making a movie that is semi-low budget. We will need children as actresses/actors for some main roles. My cousin is an Actress and we definitely want to have her in the movie, along with others. We live in Alabama. I already looked up the laws requiring this. I am aware they need to have a permit I believe, and they are only to have a certain number of work hours.

When hiring actors under the age of 18, do you need to have a screen tutor? (I think so, but not sure). Also, could you give me other specifics? I looked on SAG union already. Thank you.