Explaining the Ouija Board (Ouija Users)?

I have not used an ouija board in my life but I have had multiple friends that have used it. They would like me to join them sometime and I would like to. They keep telling me they know how to use it and I should sit back and leave me to them. I don't want to do that, because I'm not an idiot I know the ouija is dangerous and it's more than a mere toy. I know what they look like and I want someone to explain everything that could be important; meanings, things to be cautious of, what to do if something goes wrong, and so on. I'd like as much information as I can get so please answer :)

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Vulken
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

The only power it has is the power of suggestion.

The only thing dangerous about the Ouija Board are the morons who think it's real.

• Login to reply the answers
  • The first ouija board was sold and created by hasbro.

The children's toy making company.

But you think it's dangerous?

That's like saying a barbie doll will murder you in your sleep if you dont comb her hair.

• 7 years ago

They work through the ideomotor effect, participating members unconsciously move the Ouija marker without knowing they are doing so (or in some cases, knowingly).

A test to prove they are fake is to blindfold participants, it comes out with absolute unreadable nonsense.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

A ouija board is a toy for stupid and gullible teens to scare each other with, it has no magical powers and the spirit world does not exist.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

It's more a psychological thing than a spiritual thing. It can also be used by a person to scare another person, just by cheating and making it point where you want it to point. If you are not a stable person with both feet on the ground, you should stay away from it. Your friends might take advantage of you or scare you because they think it's fun.

• Tom
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

Its an IDEOMOTOR DEVICE, like Pendulms and tipping tables and Dowsing rods---meaning that the device serves as a method to contact your SUBCONCIOUS MIND by unconscious muscle movements that move an indicator, for yes/no answers or alphanumerics.

This is said to access one's own "Latent ESP" that "Lives" in the subconscious mind----and does the clairvoyant and telepathic communication.---The device lets us access that.

• 7 years ago

"I'm not an idiot I know the ouija is dangerous and it's more than a mere toy" ROFLMAO

• 7 years ago

" I'm not an idiot I know the ouija is dangerous and it's more than a mere toy."

well, which is it?

• its just a toy, studies have shown that users subconsciously move the thingy around themselves.

• Maka
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

dont play with what you cant control.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.