Why music today / nowadays sucks so bad?

Why?

and hopefully I'm NOT the only one thinking like this!

to those of you who said/commented that I haven't looked hard enough on the Internet, actually, THAT's the irony isn't it?.. just think about it,..all the great, talented artists/musicians/bands who are supposed to get the recognition they deserve, are 'HIDDEN' pretty much from the public,

BUT, whereas the most popular even worldwide-popular artists/musicians/bands nowadays are those who -let's be honest- are lacking in talents/skills/musicality, yet they are POPULAR !!

so, there IS indeed something WRONG with the music industry of today. let us not deny it, as it is unwise!

Best Answer

Yes, today's mainstream music is bad. Why is it so bad? It is because of music mafia monopolies like the R.I.A.A. (Warner, Universal, EMI, and Sony) who stink up the airwaves and the Internet with shallow people who rather look good instead of actually taking musicianship seriously.

However, one not need to pay any heed to the music mafia (the R.I.A.A.) and their devotion to shove pop music down your throat. Look at the underground, there is still great music being made but the artists aren't long-term career and still need regular jobs to put food on the table. They aren't there to be poster-boys of a fashion or trend, they love to make music and love to entertain the listeners' ears.

Because no one wants to pick up an actual instrument anymore. No one wants to take time and learn guitar or piano. They all have "auto tune." They all focus on what they look like and not what they sound like. That is why music today sucks.

Go here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0

Youtube thumbnail

Come back afterwards...