Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 7 years ago

If illegals are telling everyone they are undocument & unafraid why can we not deport them now no reason?

If illegals are telling everyone they are undocument & unafraid why can we not deport them now no reason to stay here if the home country poses no danger or threat and illegals say they are ready to go, should we start deporting the illegals per this what is their wishes ? FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. — An estimated 11.5 million undocumented immigrants live in the United States. And most of them live in hiding. But now, a small group of mostly young people are opening up about their status. They admit -- and sometimes shout -- that they are undocumented and unafraid.

Often undocumented people who are interviewed choose to use fake names, like this man who spoke through a translator after a series of Immigration and Customs Enforcement raids in Flagstaff four years ago.

"There was one night during the raids we didn’t have anything for dinner," he told me. "My 4- year-old daughter asked me, ‘dad where are you going? Don’t go because la migra (immigration) is out and they might get you. There’s some cereal there we can eat cereal. Just don’t go.’"

Alexandra Samarron, 24, once felt that way too. Samarron came to the U.S. with her mom when she was 16 to leave her abusive father and start a new life.

"We were really afraid," Samarron said. "I’m telling you, we were really afraid."

Something changed for Samarron last summer when she was asked to participate in a demonstration outside an immigration detention center in Los Angeles. It was the day President Barack Obama announced a two-year reprieve from deportation for young immigrants who came to the U.S. before the age of 16.

"We were sitting in the street and we were shouting, ‘I am undocumented and I am unafraid.’ And that was very empowering because just like saying it out loud helps you and it gives you power," Samarron said. "Each time I said it, it seemed that I was saying it louder. And it gives you a sense of being proud."

http://www.kpbs.org/news/2012/nov/23/undocumented-...

Update:

Last week, Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano released the FY 2010 immigration deportation numbers claiming that “it’s been another record-breaking year of record criminal alien removals.” Yet, Secretary Napolitano neglected to mention that while deportation of criminal aliens has risen, the total removals are roughly the same, and the number of non-criminal aliens removed has dropped substantially.

Meanwhile, a growing number of Americans say their political leaders are trying to scam citizens with phony reform legislation which will actually reward lawbreakers and increase the number of illegals who will flood our borders to partake of the giveaways. For instance, part of one Senate bill will allow illegals to pay instate (lower) college tuition, while citizens will have to pay higher tuition if they live out-of-state.

Responding to the Napolitano’s new report, Dan Stein, president of the Federation for American Immigration Reform stated, “It is nice to he

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Tell me brother where did you get your fiqures from ? Are you currently being included in direct budget talks ? Where did you come up with well Obama said he only wants to deport 400,000 illegal aliens per year, no more,no less ? The darma of kicking in school doors, brother do really mean to say it is your opinion, ice would need to kick in the doors of 1st graders, have the cia,army,navy,marines,swat teams, hundreds of security personal to enter a 1st grade classroom and is it becuase they are deemed a grave national security threat ? What brother is saying that Obama and NOT Congress, NOT the America people, but Obama by himself decides how he will address illegal immigration will work ?We also see activists are saying they have no problem with illegals protesting in federal buildings, courts, even inside ICE offices, that activists actually encourage people around the world come to America, you see we only got cash available to deport up to about 400,000 illegal aliens per year, so everybody come on the odds of being deported are very low, they only have so much cash, we can overwhelm the cites by the millions and American can do nothing,come my friends, their laws are baseless. Obama should also be telling every city in America listen folks we only got a few dollars left over with this in mind, we will no longer arrest low risk offenders, such if someones steals a computer from a major chain, Obama's new policy is ,He wants to arrest 400,000 criminals per year, instead of 100,000 criminals and 300,000 children, while the 300,000 criminals he cannot arrest can keep on doing their thing.

At some end we have to realize that we can't deport them all. This end is the kids who were brought to the U.S. before age 16 to no fault of their own. So instead of them working under the table, the President figures it’s better for them to pay income taxes and into SS instead. I’d call that a very smart move...Please you have to realize using the excuse the parents is wore out. Illegals are using fake or stolen documents, filing false tax refunds for thousands of dollars in illegal refunds. Illegals are getting free school meals,breakfasts,lunches,after school meals, weekend meals, using the er for free medical services. Why don't you tell me why are the parents allowed to openly break the laws and be rewarded benefit package for their kids,that Americans cannot even get. Brother would care to explain who is paying for all the births of children by illegals who have no insurance ,no money at all these hospitals? Who is paying the millions of dollars each year that hospitals are suppose to be paid for services rendered ? Who is paying for all other medical services ? You think hospitals are suppose to work for free ? Who pays billions in hospital lab fee's bills ran up by illegals the lab will never get paid, of course, the labs are expected to work for free.Last time you said illegals make up social security numbers to gain employment,and this hurts no one. You said document fraud was illegal, yet Obama runs an aduit company tells workers we have some no match social security numbers being used, you have 2 weeks or be fired, so brother if Obama knows where illegals are at using fake or stolen documents in the work place, does this fall under listen folks we only got so much money, so document fraud is another crime we will not enforce.

So straight to your question: we are not deporting those kids, because then we would not have the money to deport the same amount of convicted criminal aliens.

So straight to your question: we are not deporting those kids, they are not kids anymore, because we are no longer a nation of laws. We will allow people to break our laws and there will be no arrests, no fines, no punishment. This should do wonders for prison overcrowding.We are no longer a nation of laws but one of excuses.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 years ago

The Federal Government decides who it will and will not deport. President Obama last June offered work visas to almost 2 million illegals and promise them they will not be deported. The reality is that deportation has nothing to do with the cost to deport. It is political. The Democrats and now the Republicans want get Latino votes. You are right about this process costing US taxpayers billions of extra dollars supporting these illegals. Getting rid of millions of illegals would be as easy as going after all of the employers of illegals and would cost a fraction of the cost of deportation. Heavy fines on employers would also help pay for more enforcement.

• john
    Lv 4
    7 years ago

Well if you and I and everyone raises enough hell about it the will be deported. But I'm talking about the kind of hell that it would take to get rid of the democrats and republicans because they both support illegal labor because it helps their rich friends.

Source(s): Are you ready to raise that kind of hell? Be sure about because it's gonna be a son of a b** ch. Everyone thinks its easy to fight the government but it's not, and you have to be committed to the point that would get most people committed to a nut house. If you feel so strongly start by making a website. I agree with your position that it should be stopped, just realize that most Americans--even the good ol white ones, would rather drink a beer than be citizen of the year and that's why the country is in a state of moral and financial ruin.
  • Docar
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

Because the morons in Washington can not figure out how to bus a person from Flagstaff, AZ to the Mexican border without it costing $11,500!

It's $11,400 for the low life lawyers and $100 to get them there! Screwed up system!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

Looks like you really don't understand the underlying dynamics of this. So let me fill you in, Sherry: it's money. Money we don't have!

There are an estimated 11,000,000 illegal aliens in the U.S., maybe millions more. Deporting a single one costs us, the American taxpayers, about $11,500 on average. Multiplied by 11 million that's $1,265,000,000,000,000.00. Yep. We don't have that kind of cash, not even a fraction of it; in fact, we are so deeply in debt that we maxed out all of our credit cards. That's why we just recently had the issue with raising the debt ceiling, again. The U.S. government came very close to declaring bankruptcy, again.

Furthermore, if we deport about 400,000 illegal aliens per year, which is the maximum possible under current fiscal conditions, it would take us 27-1/2 years to deport all 11 million. We can't deport more, because that would cost money, more money for CBP and ICE agents, more money for judges, more money for detainment centers, and so on. But we don't have more money, and we, the American taxpayers don't want to pay more to deport more.

So that's the background.

With cash available to deport up to about 400,000 illegal aliens per year, all of them on credit, the President said to the immigration folks: listen, try to grab the criminals first, before you kick in the doors of school houses and drag children out, or even the little guy who works hard to support his family.

That's the issue at hand: the biggest bang for our buck.

He wants to deport 400,000 criminals per year, instead of 100,000 criminals and 300,000 children, while the 300,000 criminals he can’t deport can keep on doing their thing.

At some end we have to realize that we can't deport them all. This end is the kids who were brought to the U.S. before age 16 to no fault of their own. So instead of them working under the table, the President figures it’s better for them to pay income taxes and into SS instead. I’d call that a very smart move.

So straight to your question: we are not deporting those kids, because then we would not have the money to deport the same amount of convicted criminal aliens.

P.S.

1) First, just for the record: I am against the DREAM Act as it is currently written. Not against the DREAM Act per se, but I would make it 6/21 instead of 16/30, among a few other things. Not that it matters what I think. I'm merely explaining this.

2) The number of 400,000 deportation as the ceiling is based on the budget allocated for this. It's a record number of modern times. Compare these deportation numbers by fiscal year:

FY 2007 = 291,060 Bush

FY 2008 = 369,221 Obama

FY 2009 = 389,834 Obama

FY 2010 = 392,862 Obama

FY 2011 = 396,906 Obama

3) The high cost of deportation is based on the fact that every detainee has the right to detest being deported. Some may have legitimate reasons, but most don't. While they are waiting for the date with a judge, often for many months, we pay for their housing and food. This stuff adds up. To reduce the costs, we would need more judges, and that means more money. We can't just do what FDR did, round them up and bring them to the border. I know that some people wish we could, but it's just nor realistic to thing that. I'm sure the process could be sped up if the people in charge would put their mind to it, but right now $11,500 per person on average is the official number.

Source(s): I am an immigrant of German and Swedish descent, work as a corporate attorney in Santa Barbara, and live in the charming old mission town of San Buenaventura, California.
  • Nex
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

If you were educated in US you really need to reimburse the government for whatever amount they wasted on you.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.