Book for a 9 yo kid. he loves to read.?

He loves to read books, what is a really good book for thos boy? Please help. Syfy, kinda misterious but no weird things like sex and stuuf like that. No bad words. Thank you

Favorite Answer

Ask him! He might like a particular author, or a particular series. I like science fiction and mysteries, too, but I don't like EVERY book that is science fiction or mystery.

Your best bet might be some classics. For instance, he might really, really like a collection of Sherlock Holmes stories. This would fulfill your "no sex or bad words" requirements. For science fiction, Robert Heinlein's juveniles are very good, for kids AND adults, and since they were written so long ago, again, no sex or bad words. They are still very good stories, though. I'd also suggest some Kipling. Kipling was racist and sexist, but he was an excellent writer. For more modern stories, the Harry Potter books are fantasy, not science fiction, but they are generally considered very desirable at that age.

You might go to your local library and ask the children's librarian about suggestions.

These are great series, well-written, meet your specifications:

A Wrinkle in Time, L'Engle (4 in series)

Alcatraz versus the Evil Librarians, Sanderson (4)

Chronicles of Narnia, Lewis (7)

Lord of the Rings, Tolkien (3)

These are well-written single books that also meet your specs:

The Neverending Story, Ende

Momo, Ende

And, you might introduce him to a book in the Lofting series, which is classic fantasy-adventure (but not sci-fi). First book: The Story of Doctor Dolittle.

Harry Potter is a really good choice; though, The Hunger Games should not be read by a nine year old kid. I read them when I was eleven and was horrified because they went against all my morals and ethics. I would recommend books like the Red Rock Mysteries which are Christian so they are clean. Also Septimus Heap books are very good to but they are a bit more fantasy.

That is the right age to get him Ursula Le Guin's Wizard of Earthsea.

It's also the right age to get him any or the Heinlein juvenile novels. Most were originally published in Boy's Life, so you can see that the age range was.

• ?

Get him all three books of the Hunger Games series. I am 16 and I love them, just like 99% of everyone else who read them. They are very easy to read and very interesting. The Hunger Games is good for all ages. Maybe he is a year or two too young to be interested, but it's worth a thought.

You can buy all three from Amazon for $30.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Hunger-Games-Trilogy-Box...

Diary of a Wimpy kid is good, too. This series is made for kids up until they are 13ish. There are six of them and I read them a few years ago.

Buy them on Amazon if you are interested (just under $50 for all 6):

Books 1-5 ($41): http://www.amazon.com/Diary-Wimpy-Kid-Box-Books/dp...

Book 6 (the newest) ($8): http://www.amazon.com/Cabin-Fever-Diary-Wimpy-Book...

• slydad

Hank The Cowdog.

There are many good books in the series

• ?

How about the "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" series.

i personally enjoy the KAne Chronicals