Can I trademark a word like this?

I'm an EDM music producer, but I have come up with a new subcategory of EDM that is what's going to make me and my music different. It's never been done before and I'm sure it will be a big hit one I perfect being able to produce it. I have come up with the name that I want to call this sub genre... show more I'm an EDM music producer, but I have come up with a new subcategory of EDM that is what's going to make me and my music different. It's never been done before and I'm sure it will be a big hit one I perfect being able to produce it. I have come up with the name that I want to call this sub genre and I was wondering if it is possible for me to trademark that name? For ex. Lets say I came up with the name 'dubstep' and I wanted to trademark that name. It's not so that no one else can produce it. It's just so that no one else can call it this name. I have looked into how to trademark things and to file an application you have to file a whole bunch of things like what it looks like, what products it would be on, ect. But what I want to trademark doesn't really have any of those things. So I was wondering I it's even possible to trademark this word?
5 answers 5