I have a $2 1976 bill that was postmarked on April 14, 1976 at the U.S. Department of the Treasury Post Office?

building on 14th street in Washington, DC. The post office and cash room which were located in the main Treasury Building in 1976 are no longer in existence....Is the bill worth anything ?

• d.k.
    Favorite Answer

Wow! Might want to put that in a safe deposit box for the grandkids...

Actually, the earliest issue was April 13, 1976, because it was issued on Thomas Jefferson's birthday (April 13) in the Bicentennial Year, 1976. As the other person pointed out, they will always be worth $2.00, but if it is in good condition, it may be worth more, and I think you should save it, just for the history of it.

Yes. The reason for the postmark was to certify that it was the first day issued. At one time, the bill was probably in a drawer, uncirculated, and dated. It will always be worth $2.00, but today it's going for around $3.50 depending on what condition. Very cool find. Had a few as a kid, but bought candy with them.

• mick

It replaced into to mark the 1st day of subject for the $2.00 invoice and for some reason neither stamp or coin sellers seem to % this particularly intersting merchandise of history. I have been given one for my mum and dad, My self and Sister. it could have a cost of a few money a minimum of. the superb thank you to sell it may be on E-Bay, save it in a Mylar invoice holder in the previous transport get it at a coin broker, And set a min Res cost which you truly % in the previous beginning bid. I hate .01 cent then intense res auctions, in simple terms set your min. cost and initiate off the universal public sale. it it somewhat is too intense human beings assist you recognize, then relist it decrease and pass from there. sturdy success.