why did jesus these words? he is saying nobody comes to the father except through him?

if jesus is the only path to heaven then jewish, muslims and other religions are condemned because they didn't accept jesus Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me but jesus called himself the life? how is that? I believe in Jesus but if he is the only path to God how can jesus be God at the same when he said he is the way to the Father?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Best Answer

Similarly, Jesus is shown to be the image of God even after he rose back to heaven and sat at the right hand of his Father's throne. An image cannot be both an image of God and God himself. See Colossians 1:15 and Hebrews 1: 3

All we need do is look at what we ourselves are meant to be. We are supposed to be the image of God ourselves but we lost our example of what that entails when Adam chose to corrupt the glory of the image he bore of God. Enters the Christ, the Son of the living God and the perfect image and example of what we are meant to be. Thus it is that, "we all [who follow after Jesus], with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord." 2 Corinthians 3:18

Just as 2 Cor. 3:18 says that we as looking through a looking glass behold the glory of the Father when we look at Jesus, that is what Doubting Thomas finally saw when he exclaimed, "My Lord and my God!" And 2 Cor 3:18 says that we in beholding Jesus (those of us who care to stay focused upon Jesus), "are changed", or are being changed, "into the same image from glory to glory"

Neither will that make us God. However, it does make us one with the Father even as Jesus is one with the Father. See John 17:21-24

What we see in this is God's plan in play to do away with our corruption which presently serves to keep us separated from God. If anyone thinks they can dispel that corruption without following God's plan, (which of necessity means accepting Jesus the Christ), they are doomed to fail.

Psalms 2:12  "Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him."

• Ryenic
    Lv 4
    7 years ago

You are correct, and I understand your dilemma. The problem is, you're trying to fit the Trinity doctrine (God is Jesus) into your logic, and as you are finding, it just doesn't fit. Why? Because its an illogical doctrine and NOT a scriptural teaching.

Read it for yourself:

The Catholics Encyclopedia itself states: "[The Trinity Doctrine] is not ... directly and immediately the word of God." - (p. 304) "The formulation `One God in three persons' was not solidly established, certainly not fully assimilated into Christian life and its profession of faith prior to the end of the 4th century. Among the Apostolic Fathers [those very first Christians who had known and been taught by the Apostles and their disciples], there had been nothing even remotely approaching such a mentality or perspective." - New Catholic Encyclopedia, p. 299, v. 14, 1967.

How sad, they clearly acknowledge the falsehood of the Trinity, yet they continue to teach it.

So, you see why you are having a tough time with this? Also, as you can clearly see, a real study of the Bible shows that Jesus is not God, but is the way to the Father (John 14:6)

Jesus himself said: "...I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God." (John 20:17)

Yes, Jesus himself states that he has a God, NOT is God. I believe Jesus.

And the scriptures clearly state:

"When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all" (1 Corinthians 15:28)

"Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God." (1 Corinthians 11:3)

and plenty more scriptures to shows that Jesus is not God!

• Lv 6
    7 years ago

The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are the three persons of the Trinity, they are united as one. Jesus is the Son, God is the Father, and combined with the Holy Spirit, they've always been one entity. Now then, John 14:6 is clear, the only way to God is through Jesus. That means no, you can't be Muslim, Jewish, Hindu, or anything else, you've got to accept Jesus as the Son of God.

• 7 years ago

Considering the Gospels were written between 40 and 60 years after the events in question, and by that time the young Christian church had attracted some very politically and socially aware literate people to membership, it's hardly surprising that there are passages which look remarkably politically convenient from the hierarchy's point of view.

We need to look at the Gospels as historians, and identify those passages we think are historically suspect.

Having said which, the New Testament is a very much more historically reliable document than the barbaric ramblings of the Old, which is better approached from an anthropological point of view.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Janis
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

I am 14 (did i just lose your respect) and have been a Christian almost all my life. There are culture Christians and there are followers of Christ and in the past three years I have been a follower in Jesus Christ. The difference between the two is this, culture Christians aren't interested in what God wants for them, they live by there own rules and just use the label Christian. Followers of Christ are interested and follow what God wants for there lives because if God wants it for them thats is what they also want. I think that what Jesus said means that YOU and I have to believe in Jesus and what He did for us, Jesus is the only way to find true happiness and peace (that does NOT mean that our lives are going to be perfect) You can NOT love the Father (God) and hate the Son (Jesus) because they are ONE. (along with the holy spirit) this is what i think, been taught, and believe with my whole heart. NOT because i have herd this most of my life BUT because this this the ONLY way, truth, and everlasting life THIS is NOT something some one made up and its NOT a NOVEL its the truth and the proof is the Bible. with Gods love because He is love, Leah

• 7 years ago

Because he is not God. God has a name which is Jehovah (Psalms 83:18). Jehovah is Jesus Father. Jesus many times addressed Jehovah as his Father. Also the Bible says that Jesus is God's son:

(John 3:16) “For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life.

Jesus Christ is “the way.” That is, he is the only one through whom it is possible for us to approach God. This is true in the matter of prayer, for only by praying through Jesus do we have the assurance that the Father will give us whatever we may request in harmony with His will. (John 15:16) However, Jesus is “the way” also in a further sense. Sin has alienated mankind from God. (Isa. 59:2) Jesus gave “his soul a ransom in exchange for many.” (Matt. 20:28) As a result, the Bible explains: “The blood of Jesus . . . cleanses us from all sin.” (1 John 1:7) The Son has thus opened up the way of reconciliation with God. (Rom. 5:8-10) It is by putting faith in Jesus and obeying him that we can have an approved relationship with God.—John 3:36.

Jesus is “the truth” not only because he always spoke and lived the truth but also because all the prophecies written about the Messiah—scores of them—were fulfilled in him. “No matter how many the promises of God are,” wrote the apostle Paul, “they have become Yes by means of him.” (2 Cor. 1:20) Even “a shadow of the good things to come” contained in the Mosaic Law became a reality in Christ Jesus. (Heb. 10:1; Col. 2:17) Jesus is the focal point on which all prophecies concentrate, and they shed light on his central role in the outworking of Jehovah’s purpose. (Rev. 19:10) To benefit from the fulfillment of what God has purposed for us, we need to follow the Messiah.

Jesus is “the life” because he has bought the human race with his lifeblood, and everlasting life is a gift that God gives “by Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Rom. 6:23) Jesus is “the life” also to those who have died. (John 5:28, 29) Moreover, think of what he will do as High Priest during his Millennial Reign. Why, he will obtain everlasting deliverance from sin and death for his earthly subjects!—Heb. 9:11, 12, 28.

Jesus is the way and the truth and the life. He is the one God sent forth into the world for the world to be saved through him. (John 3:17) And no one comes to the Father except through him. The Bible clearly states: “There is no salvation in anyone else, for there is not another name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved.” (Acts 4:12) Whatever our background may be, therefore, it is the course of wisdom for us to believe in Jesus, follow him, and thus be led to life.—John 20:31.

Hope this has answered your question. For any other doubts, feel free to contact me at my email. :)

Source(s): www.jw.org The Bible
  • Nous
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Then nobody can ever have gone to god!

There is not one single mention of Jesus in the entire Roman record - that is right - not one! At the same time as he was supposed to have been around there were a number of Jews claiming to be the messiah - all of whom are well recorded!

There is not a single contemporary record from any source and even the bible mentions of him like all other references were not written until many years after his supposed death!

He was supposed to have been a huge problem to the Romans and produced wonderful miracles but still not one contemporary record?

Even the bible mentions of him like all other references were not written until many years after his supposed death!

Pilate is recorded in the Roman record as a somewhat lack luster man but no mention of a Jesus, a trial or crucifixion that would surely have been used to make him look brighter!

At best he was an amalgam of those others but almost certainly never existed!

• Jerry
    Lv 4
    7 years ago

yes such langauge is the key to Christian exclusion theology that even those who love God and strive to please Him are "doomed to eteranl suffering" etc if they don't also believe in the Jesus sacrifice for their sins teachings in the New testament.

You are correct in sensing that it doesn't make any sense. Because God has always been accessible to humans before Jesus and did not change His nature in that regard after Jesus.

People can always go to God and relate with God, no matter what they may think about Jesus. That has always been true and will always be true.

• Frank
    Lv 4
    7 years ago

Elohim (God) is the Trinity.

Yahowah is God the Father.

Christ Yeshua is God the Son

and Melchizedek is God the Holy Spirit.

Humans have had contact with the Holy Spirit and Christ, never the Father. So people can experience God though the persons of Yeshua and Melchizedek. Yahowah is so perfect, that even looking upon us would somewhat corrupt his perfection. Melchizedek and Yeshua have worked tirelessly over the millenia with the heavenly host in order to bring the sons and daughters of Adam and Even back into righteousness that we may one day meet the Father. The main cornerstone of this journey is walking through Christ, accepting His sacrifice and then being Baptized with the Holy Spirit.

Source(s): Da Bible yo
  • 7 years ago

Jesus is the only way to Heaven. We don't get to Heaven by our own means, and not all paths lead to Heaven.

Jesus is God but He is not the Father or Holy Spirit. The Father is God but He is not Jesus or the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is God but He is not the Father or the Son.

Peace be with you.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.