My dremel rotary tool is heating up, why?

Hi I have been using my dremel tool occasionally and I used on the bathroom yesterday and it is heating up and smoking. Any advise? I hit snags and the motor stops. Is this natural reaction and can the tool take it? In power tools when hitting an object will the motor know when to stop and continue? For... show more Hi I have been using my dremel tool occasionally and I used on the bathroom yesterday and it is heating up and smoking. Any advise?
I hit snags and the motor stops. Is this natural reaction and can the tool take it? In power tools when hitting an object will the motor know when to stop and continue? For example, the Ryobi power drill has knobs when adjusting for drill bits. The gears that it shifts to have retention levels will motor have same response?
Thx
Update: why is my dremel tool heating up and does this happen to anyone else? it heats up so much I can barely hold it?