How to transfer stocks?

I'm from the Philippines. We have found stock certificates that were owned by my late grandmother who passed away 11 years ago. My grandmother had only 1 daughter, my mom. We were wondering how to transfer the stock ownership, if there are taxes we need to pay, if there is an "expiration" as to when the stocks should have been transferred, etc. Any information about our situation would help. thanks!

Favorite Answer

Contact the investor relations department of the company issuing that stock and get their instructions/procedures and forms on how to transfer the stock to you. And NO, there is no expiration date on stock.

also make sure that you have actual possession of the stocks....did your grandmother leave a will?? if so she may of willed the stocks to someone else or a favourite charity. Make sure your mother actually owns the stocks first.