no
no asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 7 years ago

Spell checker isn't working?

The Spell checker shows every word mis-spelled when I try to answer a question whether the word are miss-spelled or not. Could it be "set" for a foreign language?

(for instance it has this question as as having 40 mis-spelled words)

Thanks guys. One of the big things about it is that you can't even ask "ya" about it because it doesn't fit any of their catagories. I tried asking yahoo an they answered that they couldn't do anything with "answers" because "answers" had thier own system and THEY couldn't even figure out how to ask them anything!

@ susan: Thanks. I figured that the thing was just malfunctioning and was working as if I waqs supposed to be typing in another language. That would make all of my words "miss-spelled"..... that, therefore, would equal the number of workds in the message. But, your explaination works also!

I just wish that Yahoo would notice the question. They seem to notice fast enough if I type something that is politically incorrect!

Favorite Answer

The Spell Checker frequently malfunctions as a word counter so if it says you have 150 misspellings it means that your Q or A was 150 words long.

Nope, just the long-standing GLITCH that has plagued this site for months/years. Most of us have learned to simply ignore it. We were hoping that the "update" last week would fix it, but apparently not.

Yeah, I asked this the other day, so you're not the only one that it's happening to. No body sems to have a decent explanation for it though.

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Am...