no
Lv 7
no asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 7 years ago

Spell checker isn't working?

The Spell checker shows every word mis-spelled when I try to answer a question whether the word are miss-spelled or not. Could it be "set" for a foreign language?

(for instance it has this question as as having 40 mis-spelled words)

Update:

Thanks guys. One of the big things about it is that you can't even ask "ya" about it because it doesn't fit any of their catagories. I tried asking yahoo an they answered that they couldn't do anything with "answers" because "answers" had thier own system and THEY couldn't even figure out how to ask them anything!

Update 2:

@ susan: Thanks. I figured that the thing was just malfunctioning and was working as if I waqs supposed to be typing in another language. That would make all of my words "miss-spelled"..... that, therefore, would equal the number of workds in the message. But, your explaination works also!

I just wish that Yahoo would notice the question. They seem to notice fast enough if I type something that is politically incorrect!

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The Spell Checker frequently malfunctions as a word counter so if it says you have 150 misspellings it means that your Q or A was 150 words long.

• 7 years ago

Nope, just the long-standing GLITCH that has plagued this site for months/years. Most of us have learned to simply ignore it. We were hoping that the "update" last week would fix it, but apparently not.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Yeah, I asked this the other day, so you're not the only one that it's happening to. No body sems to have a decent explanation for it though.

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Am...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.