if you buy a refurbished macbook from apple is the casing new?

if you buy a refurbished macbook from apple do they replace the outer casing or will it be covered in scuffs from the person who had it before you?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • gusism
    Lv 5
    7 years ago
    Best Answer

Not necessarily. If there are lots of scuffs and scratches they may replace the panels, but you should expect to see a couple of blemishes here and there. You may get lucky and just get on open box return which is basically new. Look at their refurbished item policy to be sure. I actually purchased a refurb Iphones 3GS and it was full of small scratches on the back cover.

• 7 years ago

A couple of my friends have bought refurbished Mac notebooks here in the UK and it looks brand new but ships in plain cardboard box. I actually phoned Apple a while back and asked what they mean by 'refurbished' and I was told in most cases they are open-box items or customer returns that are then checked over by Apple technicians to make sure everything is working OK but for legal reasons Apple can't resell them as new.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

If it needs replacing they will replace it...

http://store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Images/apple_cer...

More often then not they are as new have been dead on arrival. The non-functioning part (hard disc or screen etc.) is replaced and is tested to ensure everything is working as it should.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.