Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 7 years ago

Does the man, Jesus Christ, no longer exist?

I ask because of reading this answer to a Q about Jesus’ resurrection breaking ‘the deal’ for salvation. See http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Aj...

A person claimed, “No, because the perfect man, Jesus Christ, will never exist again. Jesus Christ is now a spirit person in heaven… he exists in the presence of his Father and the other angels, is immortal, etc. But the perfect human man Jesus no longer exists.”

Now, I’m thinking about scriptures like John 2:21 (Jesus would raise the temple of his body), 1 Corinthians 15:44 & 49 (“it is raised a spiritual body” and “the second man is out of heaven”), Philippians 3:21 (“will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body”) and 1 Timothy 2:5 (“For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Jesus Christ”).

The resurrection of the body is a foundational Christian doctrine, based on Jesus’ body being raised in a glorified form, and the promise that Christians will receive a resurrection body just like his.

See also points in this Q about the one who is coming back to earth: http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Al...

(Those who believe the man, Jesus Christ, never existed are welcome to say so, but without proof of his alleged non-existence, their remarks will be fairly pointless, as absence of proof is not proof of absence.)

22 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Praise the Lord! There is a MAN in the Glory, whose Life is for us! ( Old Hymn that I still enjoy to this day )

Thank God for His Word, to clear up any confusion we may have concerning the Person of Christ.

Luke 24

39 See My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Touch Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you behold Me having.

40 And when He had said this, He showed them His hands and His feet.

41 And while they still did not believe for joy and were marveling, He said to them, Do you have anything here to eat?

42 And they handed Him a piece of broiled fish;

43 And He took it and ate before them.

I think sis that this is one of the reasons that the Lord ate the fish after His resurrection, to show to those around Him that He was not a ghost, but He was the Resurrected Glorified Man, Jesus Christ. He told Thomas, to put his finger in the nail wounds of His hands and in the wound on His side. Even after Resurrection, and to this day, the wounds are there as proof of Christ's humanity. How beautiful is this!

John 20:27

Then He said to Thomas, Bring your finger here and see My hands, and bring your hand and put it into My side; and do not be unbelieving, but believing.

This shows us that the Lord did indeed have a body that can be touched, as any Man can be touched. Today, He is this Man in the Glory, ministering Himself to us, not just in His divinity, but in His uplifted glorified Humanity. He did not strip away His Humanity but ever lives before the Father to Mediate and Advocate for us as a Man who understands our weaknesses and knows how to supply us with all the human virtues to go on in this christian life.

I find it amazing that many believers have this concept of the Lord. That somehow, He stripped away His humanity after His resurrection. I know it is hard for us to comprehend, but today, the Godhead is no longer just divinity, but Humanity has been added to God in His divine Trinity. God has been enriched further with all the human experiences of Christ as a Man.

Stephen, the first martyr for the Lord's name saw Jesus, the Man, in His humanity, standing at the right hand of the Father while he was being stoned for the sake of the Lord's testimony.

Acts 7:55

But being full of the Holy Spirit, he looked intently into heaven and saw the glory of God and Jesus standing at the right hand of God;

Even when the Lord's return, He speaks of Himself coming back as the Son of Man... not just as the Son of God in His divinity.

Matthew 16:27

For the Son of Man is to come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will repay each man according to his doings.

In the coming Kingdom for 1000 years He is still the " Son of Man'

Matthew 19:28

And Jesus said to them, Truly I say to you that you who have followed Me, in the restoration, when the Son of Man sits on the throne of His glory, you also shall sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

How blessed we are to know, that the Person we pray to, the One we turn to us still a Man, a God Man full of all the attributes of Divinity and the virtues of Humanity. Such a One is here for us. Loving Us. Shepherding us day by day.

Source(s): RcV bible
  • 7 years ago

The man Jesus died on the cross. Jesus is now in His full glory aka at the right hand of God aka in full power. God never died. Jesus as a man no longer exist.

• 7 years ago

Christians receive a glorified resurrection body just like Jesus: “The Lord Jesus Christ… will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body” (NIV Philippians 3:21). NWT: “The Lord Jesus Christ… who will refashion our humiliated body to be conformed to his glorious body…” The Bible does NOT say we will become Spirit creatures. The Bible says we will be given a transformed and glorious body, just like Jesus’ resurrection body.

NIV 1 Timothy 2:5: “For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.” NWT: “For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus.” The Bible does NOT say the resurrected Christ Jesus is a Spirit creature. The Bible says the resurrected Christ Jesus is a man.

NIV Romans 1:1-6: “regarding his Son, who as to his human nature was a descendant of David, and who through the Spirit of holiness was declared with power to be the Son of God, by his resurrection from the dead: Jesus Christ our Lord.” NWT: “concerning his Son, who sprang from the seed of David according to the flesh, but who with power was declared God’s Son according to the spirit of holiness by means of resurrection from the dead – yes, Jesus Christ our Lord.” The Bible does NOT say Jesus was raised as a Spirit. The Bible says it was the Spirit of holiness that declared Jesus to be the Son of God. Scripture testifies that Jesus was human, made of flesh, and that this man was resurrected from the dead.

NIV Romans 4:4: “Now when a man works, his wages are not credited to him as a gift, but as an obligation.” NWT: “Now to the man that works the pay is counted, not as an undeserved kindness, but as a debt.” Wages are not a gift – they are what become due. Now read this:

NIV Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” NWT: “For the wages sin pays is death, but the gift God gives is everlasting life by Christ Jesus our Lord.” The Bible is NOT saying that death cancels out our debt for sin. The Bible says that we deserve to die because we are all sinners. Only God can gift us with eternal life because Christ Jesus has paid the price of our sin. Death does not acquit us of our sin.

If Jesus’ body had not been resurrected there would be no hope for any person to be resurrected physically. If what comes out of the grave is not what went into the grave, then the body that went into the grave has not been resurrected. The body remains in the ground, there to disintegrate. If what comes out of the grave is something different to what went into the grave, then the body must have been reincarnated – taken on a different form – and we know reincarnation is not biblical. It is Jesus’ triumph over the grave by being bodily resurrected that “seals the deal” for all believers.

Jesus the man is alive and well, and resides in heaven alongside the Father and the Holy Spirit. The resurrected Jesus Christ has a glorified body – a body fit for heaven. The tomb is empty and there is not one scripture in the entire Bible to support the Jehovah’s Witness notion that Jesus the man no longer exists. My Jesus is not Michael the archangel and it is not Michael the archangel who is going to return, in great power and glory, and accompanied by all the angels (including Michael the archangel). Praise God that Jesus was bodily resurrected and has triumphed over sin, death and the grave. GT

• 7 years ago

The resurrection is a foundational doctrine, but of the body is not.

Jesus says, my flesh I give to the world. As the Passover lamb it had to be totally consumed.

John also says that we don't know what he is, but we do know that we will be like him--i the resurrection--so if it was the body he had when he got here, the John knew what that was--so how do we harmonize all the scriptures?

You kind of missed the point of John 2:21. In one sense he was talking of his resurrection, but the reference to the body is to the Bride of Christ. We are the body of Christ. This is another confirmation that we are in the last days. Jesus was in the grave parts of three days. In parts of three days (day with The Lord is a thousand years) his church, Bride will be raised.

We know the First resurrection cannot happen until Jesus's Parousia.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • I Try
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

1 Timothy 2:5

New International Version (©1984)

For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the ((man)) Christ Jesus.

• Cougar
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Just as their is a devil

there are also false religions.

• Cindy
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

There are people who do believe that Jesus was raised without His body. This is, IMO, not scriptural. These people also do sometimes believe that believers will also be raised only spiritually. Whatever a "spiritual body" is, it clearly can be seen, touched, can eat, and is recognizable as the person who inhabited it when it was only a physical body. (We see Jesus doing all these things post resurrection.)

The picture I get is of an acorn falling into the ground and dying. It is not raised an acorn, but it is raised an oak tree. The oak tree was always there inside the acorn, and in a very real sense, it IS the acorn, glorified.

• 7 years ago

*Sheltie Lover* { could make a good Christmas Present - world wide}

Source(s): Please Sirs and Madam - I want to live in England - not *Hope*.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

" Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world."

I John 4:1-3

Where it says above "Jesus Christ has come in the flesh", the Greek verb tense is the perfect tense. Now the significance of the perfect tense is very specific in the Greek. It speaks of a past action resulting in a present condition. If I could paraphrase it means "Jesus Christ has come in the flesh with the present result that He exists in the flesh."

Jesus made it very plain in Luke 24 when appearing to the disciples that it was no mere spirit they were observing. As you say, the resurrection from the dead is a core doctrine of Christianity and without, the whole message of the Gospel becomes invalid.

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

Hebrews 13:8

• 7 years ago

The man Jesus left his perfect human life on his impalement stake.

Since his Resurrection, he ascended back to Heaven from whence he came.

He is now a might Spirit Creature who is getting ready to fight the battle of Armageddon.

(Probably sooner than most people think.)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.