John asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 7 years ago

How do you become a Navy SEAL?

When I grow up I want to be a SEAL, but where do I sign up to be one and where do I have to go? Is it true that Training is really hard and challenging to get through? What will I learn in training? If anyone can help, I`d be thankful.

Favorite Answer

UDT/SEAL training is incredibly hard. But it depends what team you're going into. If you're joining a standard team (i.e SEAL Team 1,2,3 etc) then you just have to do basic UDT/SEAL training. But if you want to be a DEVGRU Operator, then you have to have at least 10 (I think) combat deployments as a standard SEAL, and you go through even more training to be the best. Being a Tier One operator is the hardest job in the US Military. If you want to be even higher up, you'd have to be a CIA Special Activities Division Operator, and they choose their recruits from Tier One Groups (DevGru, SFOD-D, 24th STS) and they do the stuff you'd never even know about, no matter what. Either way, I say you do it because this country needs more Special Forces Operators kicking a$$ for Team USA. Good luck.

Source(s): Knowledge, I also suggest you get No Easy Day if you want to join, because "Mark Owen" talks about his training and service (and Operation: Neptune's Spear). It's a good read and like I said, good luck.

Everything you need to know...

http://www.sealswcc.com/seal-default.aspx

Also, I'd read the following books,

- No Easy Day by Mark Owen

- American Sniper by Chris Kyle

- Seal Team Six: Memoirs of an Elite Navy SEAL Sniper

Members of the Armed Services that become a Navy Seal are chosen especially for the team. They choose you, you don't sign up to be a Seal. The training is very difficult, that's why you are chosen.

Start running cross county, then visit a Naval recruiter.

You start by joining the Navy.