Dish Network DVR Upgrades?

I'm currently in the process of upgrading two of my Dish Receivers. One to a 211k and the other to a 512. If I buy my own 512 do I still have to pay the monthly $10 to Dish for the DVR? Also, if I unlock the DVR feature of my 211K with an external hard drive, will the $40 charge show on my next bill or be charged to a card over the phone? Finally, I have an extra 20.1 IR remote. Will this work with the 211K?

Favorite Answer

Hello ProVolco, an addtional outlet fee will apply to the least expensive receiver(s) on your account. If you have a 512 DVR and a 211K you would be charged for the 211K which is $7 per month. The first recevier and most expensive is included in the programming package price. The 20.1 remote will work with the 211k receiver. With adding the EHD there is a $40 activation fee for this and in most isntances this can be billed to the DISH account. If you need additional help feel free to email or post a new message here.

Thank You

Mark Haakenson

Social Media Representative

DISH LLC

mark.haakenson@dish.com

3 pm – 11 pm Sunday though Thursday

Source(s): DISH Employee
  • quire

you will ought to enhance your Dish receiver to a container that outputs HD. The 722PVR is a phenomenal container. you do no longer want the hopper device except you have distinctive televisions interior the homestead that one and all want to study shows off of a million significant DVR. you will additionally want some HDMI cables. attempt the Media Bridge style from Amazon. could desire to run you $9-$20 counting on length. additionally - get a Pixar action picture on DVD or BluRay and pass to the disk setup menu. you will locate try-varieties to correct set the Brightness, assessment and shade on your new television.

yes, card over then phone authorizes software download ( format and install ehd before purchasing 211 option ), yes