Dish Network DVR Upgrades?

I'm currently in the process of upgrading two of my Dish Receivers. One to a 211k and the other to a 512. If I buy my own 512 do I still have to pay the monthly $10 to Dish for the DVR? Also, if I unlock the DVR feature of my 211K with an external hard drive, will the $40 charge show on my next bill or be charged to a card over the phone? Finally, I have an extra 20.1 IR remote. Will this work with the 211K?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Hello ProVolco, an addtional outlet fee will apply to the least expensive receiver(s) on your account. If you have a 512 DVR and a 211K you would be charged for the 211K which is $7 per month. The first recevier and most expensive is included in the programming package price. The 20.1 remote will work with the 211k receiver. With adding the EHD there is a $40 activation fee for this and in most isntances this can be billed to the DISH account. If you need additional help feel free to email or post a new message here.

Thank You

Mark Haakenson

Social Media Representative

DISH LLC

mark.haakenson@dish.com

3 pm – 11 pm Sunday though Thursday

Source(s): DISH Employee
  • quire
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

you will ought to enhance your Dish receiver to a container that outputs HD. The 722PVR is a phenomenal container. you do no longer want the hopper device except you have distinctive televisions interior the homestead that one and all want to study shows off of a million significant DVR. you will additionally want some HDMI cables. attempt the Media Bridge style from Amazon. could desire to run you $9-$20 counting on length. additionally - get a Pixar action picture on DVD or BluRay and pass to the disk setup menu. you will locate try-varieties to correct set the Brightness, assessment and shade on your new television.

• 7 years ago

yes, card over then phone authorizes software download ( format and install ehd before purchasing 211 option ), yes

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.