Does multi-tasking cause mental breakdowns and mental health problems?

Health dangers of multi-tasking

Check email, answer the phone, finish a proposal and watch the latest viral YouTube video—all in an hour’s work, right? Tod Maffin, president of engageQ digital, says the need to multi-task constantly is having a negative impact on productivity.

Increased workload doesn’t necessarily mean a more productive workplace, he said during his keynote presentation at the Benefits Canada Mental Health Summit in Toronto on November 8. “Multi-tasking isn’t about what you are holding in your hand, it’s about what’s going on upstairs,” he says.

And Maffin knows first-hand how detrimental juggling multiple duties or tasks can be.

http://www.benefitscanada.com/benefits/health-well...

The way we handle everything these days is take a pill and go back to work lol. Then our leaders wonder why everyone is going crazy.

Update:

Notice that its illegal to drive and talk on the cell phone because multitasking is dangerous. Yet if you work in the workplace your boss thinks that you can do a hundred million things perfectly without making a mistake and the Government pats your boss in the back for doing so.

Then they wonder why people drink coffee, talk on the cell and read a newspaper while driving to work. Its because they are programmed to do that lol.

Update 2:

There is a way to end all of this. Make it easier for people to start their own business and compete with businesses that mistreat their workers. Stop diluting the work force with illegal immigration.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It's real simple. People are mentally unstable because they live in an artificial environment created by the "Job Creators" who are themselves insane and unproductive.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Lisa
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Look at tobacco like a medicine. The active ingredients in a medicine can have positive and negative effects of the individual. For example a person with ADD takes a medicine that helps them concentrate. But if a person without ADD took the same medicine, they would be less focused and probably tweak out all night long. Nicotine is what gets you buzzed. Some people feel relaxed after a cig. Other people use it for energy because it stimulates the brain in whatever way. But some studies suggest that smoking for a short term time can increase your likelihood of schizophrenia. That's probably not good because addiction leads to cancer and respiratory problems. Along with cancer, you'll also be insane.

• 7 years ago

"Stop diluting the work force with illegal immigration" but you are saying you need help???

The workforce needs to multitask, but at a rate they can handle. You are really just doing one task at a time...

• 7 years ago

At one job I used to work better when I would text and surf the web on my cell phone every free second I had, but the boss didn't like it so I was forced to become less productive. Go figure.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

I have no idea : i can't multi-task

• 7 years ago

Thank you for so ably explaining and defending the need for President Obama to take frequent family vacations. We all know that his vacations are working vacations but they do give him some relief from the pressures of the job.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

no but being a con does

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.