NYC subway customer assistance intercom/ ticket booth always person there?

Does the intercom marked for customer assistance go to the booth you can buy your ticket from or some other location. Do the booths always have someone in them while the trains are running?

Best Answer

My friend, I'm assuming you're riding the subway for the first time and you have concerns about your safety.

With regards to your first question. The Customer Assistance Intercom is connected to the Transit System's dispatch center, which means, when the red button a dispatcher will answer your call.

In addition, some of the Customer Assistance Intercoms have video link to the dispatch center, so the dispatcher can see you on video.

In regards to your second question. The New York City Subway does not closed down, unless extreme weather force otherwise. Therefore, token booths that are manned around the clock always has someone in them.

Overall, the New York City Subway is a safer now than it used to be in years past. Therefore, you should be fine riding the nation's largest public transit system.

Good luck

Source(s): native and daily commuter
  • tangen

ha ha ha superb one right that's yet another one for you which of them is analogous. a guy went to a save to purchase some condoms an asked the salesgirl guy: can i've got some condoms? Salesgirl: useful, what would be the size? guy: i'm not sure. Salesgirl: Unzip your self and enable me verify guy: ok (After grabbing and getting an thought of the size she shoutsto the storekeeper interior) Salesgirl: A %. of medium sized condom........ (interior the subsequent 2nd she shouts lower back) Salesgirl: No, get a %. of extensive sized condom (in the present day afterwards she shouts lower back) Salesgirl: No, get a %. of greater effective great sized condom (and finally she shouts lower back) Salesgirl: Oh no, get a tissue for me

Most stations have a station agent there 24/7, but some are unstaffed due to budget cuts. But the intercom will go to the dispatcher's office, who can send help.

In my experience, many token booths are not staffed. And I wouldn't put any faith in whatever intercom system they have.

Tickets must be purchased at the vending machines.