Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 7 years ago

8. Describe what the Recommended Dietary Allowances (RDAs) and other dietary standards represent.?

8. Describe what the Recommended Dietary Allowances (RDAs) and other dietary standards represent.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

In 1997 the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) created a newer and more extensive way of looking at RDA's. They created the dietary reference intakes (DRI's) which categorizes intakes into four different definitions.

Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA): the average level of daily dietary intake which is sufficient enough to meet nutrient requirements of 97– 98 percent of healthy persons in particular life stages and gender groups.

Adequate Intake (AI): the recommended intake based on experimentally or observed approximations of nutrient intake by groups of healthy individuals, which are assumed adequate. These are used when RDA's can't be determined.

Tolerable Upper Intake Level (UL): a highest level of nutrient intake daily that will not pose a risk of adverse effects for most people in the population. As you increase intake above the UL your risk for adverse reactions increase. This is the major difference between the DRI's and the old RDA's as they never offered the highest level that could be consumed.

Estimated Average Requirement (EAR): used as the basis for RDA and is a value of daily nutrient intake which is estimated to meet requirements for half of healthy people in a gender group or life stage.

• 3 years ago

What Is Recommended Dietary Allowances

• 3 years ago

that's certainly hectic. I actual have on no account understood why the manufacturers/distributors/sellers of those variety of issues lobby against them being regulated. If I have been swallowing strange concoctions i'd for useful elect to be attentive to that what i'm taking is wisely labelled, has had toxicology examine executed and wasn't contaminated. as nicely to all that as quickly as all and sundry is advertising them as a medical care then there must be medical trials to coach they're efficacious. I propose suited, blinded trials. that's a comprehensive shame that the alt med lobby actual campaign against a majority of those issues. The industry is worth $billions and that all of them plead that they can't discover the money for trials. comprehensive and utter lies. What they do no longer elect is their industry subjected to the rigours of exact drugs and to be shown for the rip-off that's. the actual tragedy is that individuals get drawn into the rip-off and are actual loss of life from those issues. Malarial homoeopathic remedies, herb and homoeopathic remedies for HIV/AIDS are 2 of the worst and those are being pushed and supported via very great companies. that's a comprehensive and utter shame. And no, homoeopathic remedies do no longer something different than for giving a drink of water. have been given to circulate, vast thunderstorm drawing near

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.