How do I understand Hipster quotes?

What I'm about to say, I'm not trying to be mean nor make fun of, it's just my opinion. I read upon a quote: "Do everything. Regret nothing". That quote is uplifting, thoughtful, likable, and is inspirational. To me, it's like saying live your life to the fullest everyday, do what makes you happy, or contributing to the phrase "Y.O.L.O". But at the same time I can see an advantage being taken to a disadvantage of the quote. Lets say in a scenario, a person does something to make him/her happy such as a one-night stand. Later on, him/her become severely ill, go to the doctor, and find out they have an STD. I know I may be taking this thought out of proportion, but the same goes as to the people taking the quote out of proportion too. I could be thinking about it too much; no that's just the reality of it. But afterall, people can take quotes to a certain extent. Anyhow, I want to know your opinion and better understanding of such quotes. Remember, I'm not trying to be hurtful. Thank you!

Favorite Answer

Yolo= live life be happy and live as long as possible because you only live once, and don't do stupid stuff such as catching stds cause YOLO

Stupid Hipster Quotes

Humorous quote... Where did you hear it.... And i suppose it means the law enforcement officials should put them in keeping with what variety of track they like or what form of music they characterize... Or "downloaded" lol

• Dopler

This has absolutely nothing to do with Hipsters. How is that a "Hipster quote"? I came here looking for clever Hipster-related humour to share with friends, but nay! I have been let down.

Here's another common phrase:

"There are exceptions to every rule."

Or more to the point, no quote is universally applicable. Sometimes there are quotes which are equally useful, yet contradictory. Example:

"Carpe diem" (Seize the day, similar to your quote) vs. "Slow and steady wins the race"

Which quote is better?

Neither is better, and both are great.

Context matters.

Thats all it is,everything gets taken out of proportion...And that little "YOLO" saying is the most annoying,in-spiritual saying there is. I believe in the reincarnation so "YOLO" is like saying the reincarnation isn't true and this is the only life you get. Ha yah right my sole lives on and on forever. People who believe in "YOLO" and believe in the reincarnation will not be living a second life after this.

Your hypothetical question makes me wonder if the scenario you tell is about you.

• Sarah

You don't understand, you just ignore them.