What can I do to become a foreign exchange student?

I've been wanting to go to Japan for awhile now. I was wondering I would start planning on becoming a foreign exchange student in high school sometime.

1) Which is the best year I should go?

2) Do I have to know the whole language?

3) How much money is it?

4) Does another person have to come to my house? (because only my mom and me live there)

5) How long can I stay there?

6) What should I take?

Favorite Answer

1) Which is the best year I should go?

- When you are between 16-18 years old

- No, I didn't, but it does help to know some of it a least (Japanese people are generally not very good at english)

3) How much money is it?

- A LOT, Japan is a super expensive place.

- That depends on the organisation. If you go with Rotary then i think you will have to.

5) How long can I stay there?

- Normally it's a year or a half year.

6) What should I take?

- I don't understand this question.

Source(s): Experience

1) The best year is probably either Sophomore Year or Junior Year because you're often too young as a freshman and you wouldn't want to miss your graduation during Senior Year.

2) Depends on where you're going, it's often required that you've studied the language of the country you want to visit for at least two years.

3) Usually between 10,000 and 15,000 $, but again, depending on where you want to go.

4) I don't really know what you mean by that.

5) Some schools let you stay until you graduate, sometimes you can only stay a year.

6) If you mean what classes you should take, it would suggest that you fulfill the graduation requirements of your school at home so you don't have any problems with graduating.

Hope that helped. :)