promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Nutrition wise, is it ok to eat blueberry pie and ice cream for breakfast?

I'm ok of breakfast items except for boring cereal

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Nutrition-wise, blueberry pie is always unhealthy. It's high in sugar and calories. However, "breakfast foods" is just a manner of thinking. You can eat meatloaf for breakfast if you want; there's absolutely no downsides to it. So why do we generally eat certain foods for breakfast? Tradition. We've done it for a long time, so why change? The roots are mostly from the World Wars, which forced a very strict rationing of food. This continued after the World Wars due largely to the advertising campaigns that companies used, which tried to standardize some foods as being "natural" for breakfast.

However, as long as you're getting a good amount of energy from breakfast foods, you can eat pretty much whatever. You can eat pizza for breakfast and omelets for supper.

Blueberry pie? Sure. It's just not that healthy no matter when you eat it.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 7 years ago

nutrition wise no

blueberry pie is like one of my favourite pies...and if I has some left over for the next day....the first thing I would think of and eat is that pie...to me that would make my start of the day wonderful...and it wouldn't always be on my mind for the rest of the day that there is pie...yummy and yummy..

I would just eat something healthy at lunch and if there was still pie left some more pie...one needs to live a little

• Just
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Please tell me you didn't really do that. lol

I had last night's leftovers. Breaded fish and seasoned rice. It sounds a whole lot better than pie and ice cream for a morning meal. lol

• Jodi D
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

If you do that only once in awhile, it's fine. If you do it once a week, it's not good. But, if you compare calories, your pie and ice cream is not much worse than some cereals.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • KAK
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

um.......seems like plenty of sugar, only - maybe little bit healthy of blueberries!

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

It isn't what I would call and ideal breakfast.

Hman

• Tigger
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Yes! THat is a very nutritionally sound breakfast! Oh! YUM!!!

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

as long as you're going to eat a lot of veggies and healthy stuff later... yeah.... if what you're looking for is eating something that won't give you much energy after... go ahead.

• 7 years ago

blueberry pie isn't a 'healthy' option, especially with it being made with buttery pastry. And icecream aswell? for breakfast?! You would be better with a blueberry crisp, which is like a crumble but using porridge/oatmeal oats which are very filling and healthy for you. Top it with fat-free or low-fat whipped topping instead of icecream.

http://lowfatcooking.about.com/od/crispsandcobbler...

• 7 years ago

Except you're Homer Simpson... or wanna be Homer Simpson, then it's no. (_8())

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.