Instagram won't let me change my profile picture?

Okay so today I went to change my instagram profile photo and when I selected the new one, instead of showing up it just made my profile picture blank. I can't even get my old one back now. I have tried multiple pictures, restarted the app, restarted my phone, even tried it on another account and it doesn't work there either. I tried logging in on my sister's phone and trying there but it still didn't work. And the connection is working fine too and it works to post regular pictures too, just not to change my profile picture. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening or what I can do to fix it? Is it happening to anyone else?

Favorite Answer

I found how to fix it!! Click on edit profile then click submit... And it should be back

• keira

Edit Instagram Profile Picture

Blank Profile Picture

Hi I can't even upload a profile photo. I'vwe tried clicking on the blank profile image, doesn't work. There seems to be no option in edit profile area-has anyone experienced this??

It's driving me MENTAL.

I'd appreciate any suggestions, thank-you

Remove your current picture.

Log out of instagram.

Log back in.

Choose your picture as normal.

Confirm.

Bam. Sorted. 😉

Source(s): Literally just done it a minute before posting this.
    • Zhoe2 years agoReport

right. same here. now i have no picture

Yes! Finally! Thank you guys so much for your comments! I was getting really sad. :(

Select profile pic >click on edit profile> click submit> see if its there

• Amy5 months agoReport

submit button is grayed out for me. guess it doesn t work in current version of IG?

I tried the edit profile and submit thing and it didn't work! Booooo Instagram!!!

Same thing with me. Come ON Instagram.

Mine was doing it tooo! I just clicked edit profile and then clicked submit and boom! The pic is back :D

• Shelby4 years agoReport

I don't know where the submit that you are talking about is, helppppp me pls I am going crazy....

My instagram is doing that aswell, I have no idea why. I'm so pissed off.