QuickBooks Question: Checking account register problems?

1. I gave a customer an estimate of $1250. 2. I convert the estimate to an invoice to begin partial billing and make the invoice total 52% of $1250 3. I click "Receive Payment" and make sure that the partial invoice of $650 is credited as full. 4. The $650 shows up in my checking account register as... show more 1. I gave a customer an estimate of $1250.
2. I convert the estimate to an invoice to begin partial billing and make the invoice total 52% of $1250
3. I click "Receive Payment" and make sure that the partial invoice of $650 is credited as full.
4. The $650 shows up in my checking account register as a "paid" invoice amount of $650 and a deposited amount of $650. The two entries cancel each other out.

What am I doing wrong? I don't need an undeposited funds account as I deposit all payments to the bank immediately. This is driving me nuts!
1 answer 1