Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 7 years ago

I lost a muslimah friend because of speaking about islam? Plz read?

It happened over the summer. I finally got a muslim friend and we texted over the summer about everything and even islam bc ramadan was coming up and I said I would love to read quran in arabic and she said she wanted to too. So I told her a wonderful story about prophet muhammed pbuh and how he told a man to pray to Allah about this and he was able to learn subhanallah. She never replied and I didnt think much of it but it became a loong time so I texted her last month how are you? And she read it bc Iphones have read recipt that tells you when they read it. She ignored me again and sadly thro mutual friends I was told she got a boyfriend and this made me sad thinking I could have been there to help her not to do this and wait for a muslim man hes not muslim:( now I have another muslim friend but shes from what it seems not proud of being muslim bc she called her mosque a church and seemed not to happy saying she was muslim:/ Im afraid to speak about islam with her bc of what happened last time..what do I do? Why did my old friend ignore me?

Favorite Answer

friend dont be disappointed if you are lonely in the road for saying the truth. do what pleases Allah and dont care what people's think. Allah says in the Quran little of my servants are thankful. your duty is to order good and forbit bad when possible , so dont let previous relation get stuck in ur mind and hinder you from moving on in life. so what she got some new one gorgat about you, you are in her history now so dont bother move on, you got some new friend too so what she is not thinking about you why you are. any way regarding ur new friends ur duty is to tell her the truth now . it is up to her to accept it or not , ur duty infront Allah you deleivered the meesage. and who knows you might be a road for her guidance just use ur wisdom and judge the situation .

Invite (all) to the Way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious: for thy Lord knoweth best, who have strayed from His Path, and who receive guidance.(Quran 16:125)

Perhaps she wasn't interested in Islam and didn't like you going on about it. Some Muslims don't really care too much for religion and you'd be surprised at how many "Muslims" are closeted atheists. I know I wouldn't hang onto a Muslim friend who preached to me and tried to make me "a better Muslim".

Source(s): Ex-Muslim atheist.

You are so lucky to have got rid of her so easily. Choose your friends carefully next time.

Source(s): //

First of all, there are no wonderful stories about Mo.

Your friend ignored you because she knew you “could have been there to help her not to do this and wait for a muslim man” and she didn’t want you to.

Some of those that aren't strong in their faith feel uncomfortable or even annoyed when you talk about religion...but thats expected from some, since they don't want to you to one day tell them somethng they dont wanna hear (like dating is haram, etc.)..she probably thought you were religious too....but don't worry you have Muslims here who would be fascinated about hearing stories of the Prophet (pbuh) =)

well im 16 and in my high school it seems as though there are only 5 muslim girls and 5 muslim guys. i think there is more, but sadly, many are "embarrassed" to say that they are muslim. i think they are just being teenagers who want to fit in (well it works, for 3 yrs i thought one was french nd a christian :/). maybe this girl felt that you were too "religious" and only talked about islam instead of weird things she wanted to talk about. she did not deserve your friendship then, and do not take the blame for the boyfriend thing. that was totally her own bad desicion. just be yourself in front of this new friend and if its meant to be, you'll be friends. if its not written, there is no force in the world that will make you friends.

good luck and Allah be with you :)

Hi-

I'm not muslim but have friends who are, and here's the collection of thoughts:

-you may have simply been replaced by her boyfriend. Don't take it personally. She might be wanting to talk to someone like you when she needs a friend!

-maybe she thought you were more of a serious, practicing muslim than she is since she has a boyfriend which I've been told is not acceptable to some muslims. So because of this she thinks you might judge her or lecture her about dating guys and she probably doesn't want to hear this, especially from a friend. Her definition of 'friend' might be different than yours; she may only want someone who agrees with her in how she is feeling about guys and approves of what she is doing.

-as for your new friend: use wisely the knowledge you now have.

cheers-

If she was a true friend, she wouldnt care what u believe in. Dont care about what people think of u, care of what Allah swt cares only!

• You not even making any sense and from what i gather she didunt stop texting you from what you said about islam maybe she just wanted to meet this new fella and not speak with you.

There may be nothing wrong with Islam per say but you Muslims have royaly screwed up by your foolish bigotry, lies, denials and false propaganda.

You do not even in your arrogence know how stupid you look and sound!

I'm Muslim I don't see anything wrong with what you said about prophet Muhammad . She must've had her reasons. You should go talk to her about it and clear up the misunderstanding. & about your other friend, don't bring up anything about Islam and stuff. Since she hates being a Muslim (she can go to hell. Being Muslim is awesome!) don't even bring up anything about it. I sometimes call my mosque a church too on accident cause' church is a common word to use for religious .. Lol we'll I dunno ) but yeah.