Is it smart to invest in the c,f,s and i funds of the tsp right now. I've noticed they've dropped?

Right now im contributing 50% C, 5 F, 20 C, 20 S, and 5 I. So wht do you think, or what does your allocations look like. I've looked up stuff and know I should make m own decision, but was wondering what some more experienced investors thought. Thanks!!

Sorry I messed up the percentages its 50% G, 5 F, 20 C, 20 S, 5 I

I know the C fund tries to mimc the S&P 500. Tsp is the Thrift Savings Plan, Im in the Navy.

Favorite Answer

If you're in it for the long haul, you shouldn't be worried about the prices dropping. If you're young - less than 60, this works to your advantage, since you are buying cheaper shares.

I don't know what your age is, but if you are less than 40, you should be 70% equities.

35% C common stocks

15% S small/mid cap stocks

20% I international stocks

30% fixed income (I think these are the G & F funds)

• Mike

sweetie . . . we need a little more information to evaluate the Funds. Maybe a name or ticker would help.

You look cute though.